We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for a single traveller?

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice for a single traveller?

I'm going to be in the Krabi area in early June and will be there all on my lonesome for 10 days.

Any tips on single friendly activities and/or best places to meet other travellers? I'd love to do a diving course.

Any of you travelled to Krabi alone?

Krabitown, Krabi
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Advice for a single traveller?

Krabi is extremely safe in comparison to the rest of Thailand, or most any other country. i have been here for years and feel safer here than i ever did in any of the cities i lived in in America. Nothing to worry about there.

Weather is fine in June and cooler than other times of the year.

If it rains, do the cooking course, it is indoors! and i agree with what people have said about Ya, very friendly woman and excellent English.

stay in Krabitown for very cheap and travel by bus/boat to the other beaches... but Ao nang is also cheap if you stay 40 meters from the sea in a guesthouse. Go for a day trip to Railey and hunt down a place to stay on your own... soon all the budget accommodation will be gone in these places because the big resorts are tearing everything down and building expensive places.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
306 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Advice for a single traveller?

I did the Sea Fa Padi course on my own and cannot recommend it enough. Fabulous experience, met lots of new friends and have a brand new qualification to be proud of..so nice to come home from your holiday with something gained apart from a tan! The owner is Peter and I think his site is SeaFa.com. Have a great time.

13. Re: Advice for a single traveller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 02, 2009