We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

I am still trying to decide where to go and with the help of TA regulars have narrowed it down to Ao nang Villa and Krabi La Playa, can you please help me choose. Also how far are they from each other?

Bangkok
4 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

I am not sure that you have gone to Krabi by now .

Ao Nang Villa is located near the beach just few step away where as La Playa is at the other end and far inside the inner road . Either resort can be reach by foot to Ao Nang Beach center where shops and Restaurants located equally . Street Vendors & Food Stall are near by La Playa at cost Bht.35 for fried rice or noodle bowl .

Some fancy food can be Bht.70 - 120 per dish ( approx. $ 3 )

Tuk Tuk ( taxi) to get around cost Bht.20 per person /way.

( 36 Bht. = $ 1 USD )

Have Fun in Krabi !

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

Hi, No we are still here until December so all your comments and advice are great. We have beeked La Playa but if anyone has advice and comments on Le Playa, what to do and see or eating out that great. Thanks, Michellex

Australia
Level Contributor
432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

Geri - is that you (we3travellin)?

You're back already - how did you go in Krabi - what did you think?

Bet you had fun with Elizabeth and Sun!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Nicky

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

Nicky,

Yep its me back already 3 weeks went fast, 10 days at La Playa!

Must reccommend Elizabeth and Sun from 'Andaman camp and criuse' to all, we spent 2 days with them and learnt so much about Thai life!

Will do a JBR when I finally get unpacked..could be awhile it's a job I detest, it means the holiday is really over!

Geri

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

Hi!

Like you, my husband and I were deciding between the 2 hotels and finally decided on Ao Nang Villa. Have just came back from Krabi and think we made a good choice! Would recommend it for the great location (proximity to sea, food and shopping) and lovely surroundings !

Can't speak for the facilities at La Playa since we didn't stay there, but out of curiousity we did take a walk down to take a look at it and found it a little further out (about 10 minutes walk from the main beach/shopping stretch and in total about 15-20 minutes walk at a leisurely pace from Aonang Villa ).

However, I do think that La Playa rooms wld probably be newer - read somewhere that it was just built in 2004. Rooms in Ao Nang Villa (stayed in standard room) are functional but not spectacular. BUT not a big concern because you're likely to spend most of your time by the sea or island hopping anyway. :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

oops! just read the entire thread and realised you've already made a booking so my post wouldn't exactly be very helpful. :) anyhow, have a great trip in December - will be happy to also contribute my 2 cents worth for any other queries (esp now while everything is still fresh!) you may have. :)

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

We are thinking of doing a day with Elizabeth as my husband is 40 while we are out there. Do you have any suggestions on what we could do or where we could eat. Did you eat at La Playa if so what was it like? I really look forward to your trip report and hopefully I will get some ideas on what to do and see when we go to Krabi. x

28. Re: Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:55 am, April 14, 2011
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

Michelle,

Have done my JBR, you will need plenty of time to read. Email elizabeth and take a look at their website, they can tailor the day to suit you, and are most accommodating.

Haven't really any suggestions for a special dinner, as we didnt go anywhere special, but the Ao Nang seafood restrauants on the beachfront all had a fabulous atmosphere and food to die for!

Geri

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Ao nang Villa or Krabi La Playa

We booked Elisabeth and Sun for theww weeks time - 13 sleeps until we go now, will do a JBR when I return.