We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Phuket First Time - Please Advise! Thanks!!

California
7 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Phuket First Time - Please Advise! Thanks!!

Hello! My husband and I (in our 30s) are planning to go to Phuket in December. I was wondering for anyone who has been there which are the best areas to stay. We love to have fun and do activities but also want to stay and visit places which are not too crazy and so touristy if that is possible!! As far as activities what are the must do and see things and any other specific islands we should visit while in Phuket to make the most of the trip. I guess this would be best by ferries? We did hear Krabi is beautiful. Would you suggest staying in Krabi rather than Phuket and visit Phuket to enjoy the nature and beaches? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Phuket First Time - Please Advise! Thanks!!

Please refer to the Top Questions section (use a real computer, or go to full site). There is plenty of information about what to do in Krabi there.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Phuket First Time - Please Advise! Thanks!!

Phuket has more shopping and nightlife and more tourists. Krabi has smaller towns but similar tours and gets busier every year.

Google Thai islands and read up what's available. There are dozens of islands with resorts.

Easy to avoid the masses of tourists with a little research. Tourists are like sheep and stay together in a few spots.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Phuket First Time - Please Advise! Thanks!!

Although Phuket is lovely and has many nice resorts (if you pay the price), by nature Krabi is much more beautiful with its numerous limestone cliffs. Further, Aonang in Krabi is much more closer for boat trips to the near bye islands with only up to 20 minutes access to the boats, compared to Phuket where you have to consider an hour or more to get to the pier with boat trips.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
California
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Phuket First Time - Please Advise! Thanks!!

Psyvolt- I just noticed those questions! Thanks!

California
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Phuket First Time - Please Advise! Thanks!!

Roadrunnerwins- Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to do a bit more research. What is the best way to travel between the islands say Phuket and Krabi?

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Reply to: Visiting Phuket First Time - Please Advise! Thanks!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted