We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket - Krabi - Phuket. Please help!

london
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Phuket - Krabi - Phuket. Please help!

Hi

I wanted to go to Krabi on my next trip in July. I am starting in phuket and then I will go phi phi for a few days and then i believe you can go to Krabi from phi phi? But then after I have had a few nights in Krabi ( thinking ao nang) how easy is it to get back to phuket? can you get a direct Ferry from Krabi to Phuket or how long does a cab take and how much does it cost? Is ao nang near the ferry port or whatever??

Sorry for all the questions!

thanks

x

Nelspruit, South...
Level Contributor
188 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket - Krabi - Phuket. Please help!

Hi

We are going Phuket, Phi Phi, Aonang and Khao Lak in April/May. Will take the ferry from Phuket to Phi Phi saty 2 nights then on the ferry to Krabi/ Ao Nang.

You can also go by speedboat but we found this much more expensive and it can be a very bumpy ride at that time of the year so maybe a better idea to stick with the Big Boat.

As far as I know you can get directly to Ao nang. Do all your bookings when you get to Phuket it is usually cheaper at the street agents.

Have a great trip

Regards

Michelle

london
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket - Krabi - Phuket. Please help!

Cool thanks Michelle

what i wanted to know was , do you have to do the same journey back again krabi - phi phi - phuket

or can you get to Phuket direct from Krabi by passing phi phi !??

Thanks = )

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket - Krabi - Phuket. Please help!

Hi you can get a cab for 2500 baht krabi to phuket.

Ao Nang, Krabi
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket - Krabi - Phuket. Please help!

You may all want to research those boat schdeules as from May 1st they change in frequency; I don't think the Krabi/Phuket runs during the low season!

london
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket - Krabi - Phuket. Please help!

TEFL thanks for that!

could you recomend a web site with the timetables ??

6. Re: Phuket - Krabi - Phuket. Please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 28, 2009