We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Temple / Elephant Santuary but not as a group tour?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tiger Temple / Elephant Santuary but not as a group tour?

Hi everyone,

Quick question that I hope you can help with. I'm planning a trip this summer to Bangkok and will be taking a day trip from Bangkok to Kanchanburi.

We'll be leaving Bangkok early - with a driver that we prearranged. My question is whether we can simply show up to an Elephant Sanctuary without being on an organized tour that leaves from Bangkok.

In short - wondering if the driver will simply be able to drop us at each venue and then pick us up when we are finished. Specifically, are there any elephant sanctuaries that you can recommend where we can bathe the elephant and have a ride on the elephant? If so, which do you recommend. I saw a few on Tripadvisor but it appeared that it was an all day program that was put on by a tour company.

Thanks for your help!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,925 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiger Temple / Elephant Santuary but not as a group tour?

Hi,

You could try this Camp:

kanchanabuririverkwaitour.com/wang-pho-eleph…

And, another one:

www.thaielephant-village.com/wizContent.asp…

Contact both of the above beforehand.

Edited: 1:54 am, May 06, 2014
Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiger Temple / Elephant Santuary but not as a group tour?

Hi

Elephant World will allow you to join them for half a day but you will still have to pay the full price.

kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiger Temple / Elephant Santuary but not as a group tour?

Elephant world is the only sanctuary! All the other camps are just for tourists and money! Strangely enough,elephants have weak backs and should only be ridden on their necks.

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiger Temple / Elephant Santuary but not as a group tour?

The tiger temple isn't a sanctuary!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,346 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiger Temple / Elephant Santuary but not as a group tour?

But, there is a temple there!

6. Re: Tiger Temple / Elephant Santuary but not as a group tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2015