We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour guides

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
55 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
tour guides

Lots of notes about Tong Tours not being responsive. Anyone else have idea for reputable tour guide in Thailand?

Level Contributor
23 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: tour guides

I emailed her last night from Florida and she responded this am and I paid her 5 minutes later

Great customer service

wales
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: tour guides

Stewie,

Can you forward her contact details please.

Level Contributor
23 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: tour guides

http://www.tourwithtong.com/

She is wonderful fast response and a very kind person

Tell her I recommended you

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: tour guides

I feel for Tong, as she arranged two fantastic days of touring for me back in 2011, but even then, it was a "one-woman show" and she spent some time in the hospital recovering from exhaustion during the build-up to my trip. Even then, she got back to me from the hospital, which I thought was pretty amazing.

As many have said before, she really does need to train an office person who can help share some of the load. Getting to be #1 on Trip Advisor is both a blessing and a curse, as she even back in 2011 was getting over 1,000 emails a day! And was attempting to answer every single one herself!!

I haven't done any touring in the Bangkok area since then, tho I'll be up in Kanchanaburi in just a few weeks, but plan to use one of the local companies located there.

For northern Thailand, you cannot beat Sasi at Sabai Tours in Chiang Mai.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: tour guides

One further comment .....

I just looked up the reviews on Mellow Tours, as that is one of the companies I am thinking about booking with. Now I know absolutely nothing about them, having never used them before, other then the fact that they have a #1 ranking on Trip Advisor for Activities in Kanchanaburi.

Ok, cool ... but then I look at the review count for those who are writing almost all the recent reviews .... 1 review .... 1 review .... 1 review, etc. There is on thing I have learned from several years of using Trip Advisor to help plan tours, and that is to be very, very suspicious of hotels, tour companies or whomever, that gets the bulk of their glowing reviews from members who have only ever written one review. It is far more then pure coincidence. Either they are soliciting reviews, or else these reviews are "padding" to pul up their totals.

Again, I do not know if that is the case here at all, but it just makes me wary. Does the "1 Review User" scenario bother anyone else, or is it just me?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,882 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: tour guides

Hi,

There are several local agents/companies which can arrange a number of activities in the area. And, do note that some places can be visited by using public transport. I am unable to comment on Mellow Trek but a few months ago a contributor to TA did a trip or an excursion and he/she rated them highly. Good luck with the planning.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
118 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: tour guides

On Saturday we did a day organised tour with Toi's Tour to Erawan Falls, Hellfire Pass, Death Railway, Krasae Cave (next to train station) and Bridge over Kwai, they were good and really liked the tour guide.

So the next day I booked her directly (Troy) for a private tour of Kanchanaburi for my son and I. It was nice not rushing around and going where we wanted and having the time for questions to be asked and answered.

The previous day at Erawan Falls we tried to look out for monkeys at Erawan Falls but to no avail (though my son swears he saw a monkeys tail) so Troy took us 30 mins or so out of Kanchanaburi so we could see the wild monkeys which was brilliant. Lots of babies with their mums. Gave my camera a right workout!

Troys contact number is 086 7969146 and she is licensed.

When we are back from Thailand I will sit down and write up my trip reports and do a proper report for our day with Troy.

Edited: 2:50 am, March 04, 2013
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,882 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: tour guides

Hi,

I have always found that Toi offers the best prices too.

I look forward to reading your report on Kanchanaburi. Its good to see animals in their natural habitat !

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
118 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: tour guides

It made my son so happy to see them & not to mention me. Kanchanaburi is so laid back compared to Bangkok & Chiang Mai. And crossing the roads is so much easier. We are finding the locals friendly. Last day here tomorrow already, not sure what we will do since not possible to do Apples cooking class.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,882 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: tour guides

Hi,

You could hire a car + driver and visit the Hua Kamin waterfalls. The journey up is scenic and the falls are amazing. And, there is an excellent restaurant there where I have eaten some of the best fish ever. Wherever you go/whatever you do enjoy your last day in Kanchanaburi.