We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Hua Hin and Anantara especially

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Info on Hua Hin and Anantara especially

Me and my girlfriend have booked a two week holiday to Thailand in November, 2 nights in Bangkok and 10 in Hua Hin staying at the Anantara.

Was just after a bit of information really, things like what the weather is like in November, things to do in Hua Hin etc.

I also want to get out and do some day trips while in Hua Hin, can anyone recommend any? i would like to see the Elephants and possibly even do a day trip to another island, is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Gareth

1. Re: Info on Hua Hin and Anantara especially

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, February 22, 2008
London
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Hua Hin and Anantara especially

thanks for the info!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Hua Hin and Anantara especially

Gareth, first of all I would just like to say that I am SO jealous!

We have just returned from our honeymoon at the Anantara and had THE most wonderful time you could imagine. You will absolutely love it, it is fantastic! The weather when we were there (16.09.06 - 29.09.06) was really warm, and although it was a bit overcast on some days you still get sunburnt. When it rains (normally about 4pm each day!) it pours down for about 20 minutes, which is when it is time to retire to the Lagoon Bar for Happy Hour and enjoy a cocktail or two (buy one get one free) with the barstaff GEE and ANON.

We were there on honeymoon and booked up through the hotel concierge BANTY to do the River Kwai trip which included a visit to the war museum, train ride on the Death Railway, elephant ride and a river rafting experience. Total cost was about £28 each, including lunch which was well worth it. It takes about 3 hours to get to the Kwai, so its a 7 o'clock start, but well worth it.

Go into Hua Hin on the free hotel shuttle bus and visit Jungle Juice Bar (Selakem Road) and say "Hi" to DAVE, JEAB, OY, AM & all the rest of the girls who work there. It is a great bar, and the staff are lovely. (food and drinks are great too!)

Enjoy yourselves (we know you will) and we hope this helps.

Andrew & Sarah

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on Hua Hin and Anantara especially

Thanks Andrew & Sarah

The River Kwai trip was on my to do list so I'll definitely be doing that, sounds great!

Thanks for your help!!

5. Re: Info on Hua Hin and Anantara especially

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 26, 2009