We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying furniture in bangkok

Adlington, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
313 reviews
Save Topic
buying furniture in bangkok

we came to hua hin 2 weeks ago to buy furniture and only bought a bed anfd a fridge we are coming over again dec 9th and must get everything this time is it better if we go to bangkok or even fly to chang mai we thought the furniture at beautiful world and wolf is nice but expensive stuff at winners rubbish but we liked home pro and index we just thoiught things were the same price as uk anyone any ideas. plus we saw a settee at index delivery was dec 14th

uk
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: buying furniture in bangkok

try M B K inbangkok you have a wide range of furniture stores including winners index same as HH but more choice .most of the furniture we bought was from a store on way to elephant village not the best quality but he does barter

Swansea UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: buying furniture in bangkok

Bought most of ours in Pranburi with a Thai friend who bartered for us really good prices, good if you can take someone with you and give them a tip, you will save more than the tip you give. We went back on our own to buy some other things and they wouldn't barter. Found Big Kiang opposite Market Village quite good for electrical things and if you're lucky some of them speak quite good english. They also deliver when they say they will.

Good shop in Chaam also for bamboo furniture - small shop front on the main road with a few pieces outside but they have a huge stock at the back and also if they have it in stock you can have the following day.

Most of the Thai shops will deliver the next day not like Index.

Mentioned in this post
Pranburi
Pranburi
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Hua Hin Market Village
Hua Hin Market Village
749 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: buying furniture in bangkok

Seems we home owners might have our own forum one way or another, we had some excellent deals from Beautiful World, but then again she is having a home built on our development, bought from the electrical section at Index and had it delivered the following day before we even had our breakfast. I've heard that there is a wood furniture maker on the road to the waterfall who's exceptionally cheap, but some on our development have found a furniture maker who comes around to your home, you design it and he builds it in your place, we're off to Hua Hin in a couple of weeks time, we'll inspect his work and if we like it we'll come up with some ideas for him to do for us, if anyone wants his contact details, just let me know, anyone else going out in October?

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Adlington, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying furniture in bangkok

I still dont know what to do. Beautiful world have said they would give us 20% off which is ok but i dont want all wood i want some modern pieces too. We only got back 2 weeks ago so are not going till dec 9th staying for a month but thought we might stay in bangkok for a few nights hopefully buy something

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: buying furniture in bangkok

We know how you feel about wood, we like it but not for the whole house, we want some modern non wood pieces too, there was a very shop on the same side of the road as Winners but nearer the town but i've forgotten its name, now they had some very nice modern furniture in glass and synthetics but were very expensive, however on a second visit we chatted with the owner who said he'd give us a discount, we've about half furnished ours now but we're going to go back to him for a second look and try a haggle with him.

Adlington, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buying furniture in bangkok

I liked a settee in index but the delivery was dec 14th that is a long delivery date. Tell us when you get back what you buy and hopefully I can get some ideas

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buying furniture in bangkok

I agree with swansea, try Pranburi, have seen some nice furniture shops in the area, many wood items are from Chiang Mai.

Mentioned in this post
Pranburi
Pranburi
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
8. Re: buying furniture in bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin