We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking a tour?

currently...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
booking a tour?

I am going to Hua Hin at the beginning of October and am wondering if I should book tours online?

I'm worried:

A. The hotel bookings might be more expenisive than booking online.

B. I might not be able to find individual tour agencies once I get there.

C. The online prices might be extremely expensive over what we can get if we wait.

D. The online tour agencies might take my money and run.

Any advice is appreciated!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking a tour?

In the street where the Hilton hotel is, there is a travel agent called 'Ken Diamond Tours" He has tours to all places.

Any of the tuk tuk drivers also have glossy pages of places to go also. But you will have to bargain a bit..

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking a tour?

Beezely has given the same advise I would, just wait until you get there, a lot of tours to choose from and ken Diamond have all the information and are open late, so wander down there when you go into town.

currently...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking a tour?

Thank you very much!

4. Re: booking a tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, February 22, 2008
Scotland
Level Contributor
31 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking a tour?

Purplerains

I can recommend eTicket Travel & Tours based in Hua Hin. You can contact them at

etickettravel@hotmail.com

As for Jib the office manageress, who is a wonderful lady full of fun and cannot do enough for you. Jib is Hua Hin born and bred and will advise you on the best places to eat and to shop.

Tell her Kenny "The Best" recommeded them to you!

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
261 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking a tour?

Personally I would give Ken Diamond a miss. We had bad experience with the firm

Kawhia,New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking a tour?

an you enlighten on the experience you had with Ken diamond tours.

I have emailed them and their information s sketchy at best

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
261 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking a tour?

We only used them to take us from HH to Bangkok. Thank goodness as that was enough. We were spending a final night in Bangkok before flying home. The driver was late picking us up. Very late. He could not speak any English at all. He took us to the wrong Bangkok hotel. I checked his clipboard and the correct hotel was on there so it was totally the drivers error. As it was early evening, traffic was at its peak and our hotel was the other side of the city. Total journey was almost 7 1/2 hours due to his error. We had dinner reservations somewhere swanky for our last night and as we were so late they would not honour the booking so Ken Diamonds firm spoilt our last night. Completely. I emailed the manager and he said he would look into it. He didn't apologise though. I asked for a refund but never received it. I have since heard similar stories so I would give them a miss. If they can't do a simple pick up, god knows what they would be like doing a cultural tour which involves speaking and map reading!

Scotland
Level Contributor
31 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booking a tour?

Once again I can recommend Jib at eticket

She and her driver to us for the day to Bangkok and when we visited the temple with the reclining Buddha she accompanied us with the offcial guide

She also had cold bottles of water for us and gave us a commentary during our journey, Her English is very good indeed

On our return to Hua Hin we made several stops at her suggestion to interesting places to visit

10. Re: booking a tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, February 22, 2008