We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel package

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berne
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Travel package

Can somebody advise me a contact (website or so), where I can book a Hua Hin Travel Package, means bus transfer from BKK to Hua Hin and 3 nights in a mid class hotel or guesthouse? All comments are welcome!!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel package

A package isn't necessary, from Bangkok there are air conditioned express buses ( just over 3 hours ) every 40 minutes, costs about USD 4.50, or you can take a train but that takes 4-5 hours, there are mini-van services, or you can take a taxi for about USD 47 or a limo service for about USD 75, but the bus or mini vans are easy.

For guest house accommodation you have choices of in town guesthouses and bed and breakfast places and also places near the beach which include B&B and guesthouses, bungalows etc.

Mid range hotels go from around USD 25/30 and upwards

www.r24.org/huahinwhatson.com/huahin/hotels/

has listings for around 60 places from about USD 20 upwards, if you can tell us what sort of budget/price you are thinking about we can tell you about specific places, also tell us if you want to stay in the town or prefer the beach areas.

Berne
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel package

Monica, thanks a lot for your advice! Now I feel convinced to take a public bus and book accommodation online. But how does it work with these buses? Can I just go to the bus station and jump on the next bus to HuaHin or do I need to make a reservation somehow? Accommodation should be on the beach side, southern part. I'll like to stay in a nice little hotel, guest house or B&B, but with all basic amenities like A/C, hot water, private bathroom and TV. Budget is max. USD 40 per single room and night.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel package

The express buses to Hua Hin will be fine, the times you need to avopid are very early morning at very late afternoon, so if you travel between say 10 am to 3 pm that should be fine as the buses rarely full at that time of day, friday evenings from say 4 pm onwards would be very busy, but just keep around middle of the day and it will be fine.

Price depends on time of year you plan to travel ? What is USD 40 in low season could be 80 in high season, I can't really suggest until we know what time of year.

Berne
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel package

Thanks Monica, your advice on the bus ride is helpful and plausible. Concerning accommodation I changed my intention a bit this night, means I don't mind if it's in the town or beach area, but still it should be located more south than north. It should have easy access to day and night entertainment. My visit will be in April.

5. Re: Travel package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 17, 2009