We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin holiday

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Hua Hin holiday

We arrived in Hua Hin 6th January 2014 and left the 22nd April 2014.

Firstly, i must say a big thankyou to Gunrunner for his tip for Hua Hin Car Rentals in Soi 80, we hired a Vios from them for the whole time we were in Hua Hin, plus a side 10 day trip down to Phuket via Ranong and back to Hua Hin via Chumphon and Ban Krut. Charles and Peter from Hua Hin Car Rentals were very professional and lovely men to do business with.

We stayed at the Citin Loft . We had requested room 631 as it has a great size deck and the stay went smoothly. Staff are all still there and we always felt so welcome.

We spent a lot of days down Khao Takiab beach with friends until the end of February when they returned to the UK. The beach this time of the year was very busy but we were always able to secure sun loungers. We had some days when the wind was very strong and the tide was in but once this bad weather passed it was beautiful.

We visited the Waghor Aquarium in January, it took us 1hr 50minutes to drive there. The Aquarium had heaps of great sized fish, there is also a Science centre there. The beach across the road had signs up that no one was aloud to swim there as the drop was too dangerous. There is a childrens playground, and a few shops. I bought a T shirt for 170baht as a souvenir.

February we did a day trip on The Mai Thai 1, the ocean was flat and it was great to see Pak Nam Bran and Khao Kolak from the water. We went onto monkey island by their small boat fed the monkeys had a swim then back to the Mai Thai 1 for a delicious lunch. After lunch there was fishing for 2 hours (all rods bait etc are supplied). Three large fish were caught by other guests.

We arrived back at the Citin Loft just after 4pm and the day cost us just under $50AUD a head.

A most enjoyable day.

We had two days rain in Hua Hin the whole time we were there.

Cha-Am beach as usual was busy weekends and just before we headed back to Australia as it was the Thai school holidays and they had just had a 5 day break for Songkran.

Songkran (our first) was hilarious. We started the day at the park across from our soi where there was a ceromony giving merit to the Thai elderly. There were a few children with their water pistols being so cute. There was a band and the elderly were invited up on the stage to dance. Some of us visitors were asked to join so i got up on stage and had a bit of a dance and luckily a few other ladies joined.

After here we walked up to soi 80 to Miss You Hua Hin/ Hua Hin Choppers Bar were we had been invited to share in with their Songkran celebrations. The day was hilarious i've never seen so many bikes, utes, songthaews, tuk tuks and people all getting wet and wetting us, mostly with ice cold water up soi 80. I would love to do another Songkran .

The Loins Club had a parade through town which we were lucky enough to come across. Members from all over Thailand were there. It was very colourful and the men and woman were so welcoming. They also had elephants at the front and end of the parade.

Soi 88 across the railway line was frequented by us several times for the open food court. I think it opens around 5pm and is very cheap and good value. We ate at many sensational restaurants all over HuaHin and several of the surrounding areas and never had a dud meal.

The flowering trees in March and April were stunning something we have only just experienced as this was our first time staying the extra months in Thailand.

The Hua Hin Hilton is up for sale so there may be some changes around this area.. it is just going to be a wait and see.

We drove to the Pranburi Dam , nice park as you drive up to the dam. The dam is massive and was very full.

We drove friends to Puktien to see the sea statues. Pranburi Forest Park was empty except for one tent and the beach was very inviting.

The HuaHin View Point is worth visiting and you do get confirmation of how big a town Hua Hin is.

We enjoyed quiet a few days down Sai Noi beach but unfortunately when we visited one day in April one of the trawlers had emptied its waste which floated onto the shore.

We watched the progress of the Vana Nava Splash Jungle site. They say it will open later 2014. It is a massive site and they have spend a lot of baht putting in the drainage pipes along the road.

I forgot to mention Chinese New Year. The parade seems larger than the celebration we wittnessed the previous year. Most enjoyable and colourful.

The Black Mountain Water Park bus leaves the Clock Tower area 9.30am,11.30am 12.30pm every day. Its also free.

Ive left our best experience to last. We were sitting at Khao Kolak beach one day in February with friends when 4 dolphins, 2 pink and 2 grey took their turn of leaping out of the ocean doing a spin and then continued to swim along the beach. Everyone was taken by surprise and a big applause was given..just beautiful.

Anyways, i hope some of this information will help others we had a great time, spent time with friends and met new friends. Lots of laughs.

I have to add that i found April just too hot for me. I was using my ventolin every day as it was hot and the haze was very low. The water was warm and the sand you could not walk on without some sort of shoes. The Thais were also saying how hot they were and a lot of Thai men were wearing singlets . cheers. CJ

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Ranong
Ranong
Ranong Province, Thailand
Chumphon
Chumphon
Chumphon Province, Thailand
Pranburi
Pranburi
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Pranburi Forest Park
Pranburi Forest Park
186 Reviews
Pranburi, Thailand
Sai Noi Beach
Sai Noi Beach
70 Reviews
Pranburi, Thailand
Black Mountain Water Park
Black Mountain Water Park
1,048 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
11. Re: Hua Hin holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:02 pm, May 03, 2014
Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hua Hin holiday

Hi there Mags, it was really nice meeting you also, sorry about the gate crasher at our meetup drinks,whoever that man was. lol. We enjoyed our meal with you guys, what was the name of the restaurant again? Take care of that hand of yours.

Mitch, Mags reminded me of you a little bit xx. CJ

Manchester
Level Contributor
677 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hua Hin holiday

Thanks for a great report chucky!!!!...we have just got back boo hoo!!! Will be putting an update on soon about our road trip!!

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hua Hin holiday

Hi CJ. The restaurant was Mini Farm Kitchen and I'm still thinking about those scallops! The 'gate crasher' was certainly interesting - I wouldn't want his headache in the morning. Lol. The hand is definitely improving day by day. Thanks.

Mags

15. Re: Hua Hin holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 12, 2015