We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good resort walking distance to town.

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Good resort walking distance to town.

Hi, we have been to Hua Hin previously and stayed at the Sheraton (which we loved) but would like to stay closer to town. I have looked at the Centara but a little out of our price range. We would like to spend up to $180 per night including breakfast.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good resort walking distance to town.

Have a look at the Baan Laksasubha. It is a small boutique style resort right next door to the Centara and should be within your price range. That is going to be my choice when we travel to HH for the first time :)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good resort walking distance to town.

Yes the Baan Laksaubha would also be my choice if it's within budget.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good resort walking distance to town.

Yes Baan Laksasubha right next to Centara, it is small boutique style so the 2 small pools are 'small' but as they only have about 16 units isn't bad, but so not they are small, right on the beach

Further soiuth from town about 3.5 km is Worabura, looks like a small version of Centara if that makes sense, very reasonable, lovely pool, right on the beach, daytime is just B 10 ( about 30 cents ) to and from town center, for those anting something like Centara but at a more reasonable price Wora Bura is a good option

manchester
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good resort walking distance to town.

I have stayed at both the Wora Bura and centara and yes I agree with Monica , the rooms and breakfast quality are fabulous as is the pool, I am probably going back to HH next year and it's a toss up between the two, centara has the better location , but the Wora bora is stunning and definitely lower priced,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good resort walking distance to town.

I have had a look at the Wora Bora and it looks stunning....how far out of is it?

The Sheraton I think from memory took us about 10mins in a taxi.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good resort walking distance to town.

It is much nearer than Sheraton , they have a shuttle but you can walk down to the rod and daytime it is B 10 to hop on a songthaew into town ( pick up with seats in the back ) after dark it is B 20 , they run until about 9 pm, after that tuk tuk or taxi perhps 6-7 mins, on Fri/Sat/Sun walkable to Cicada night market, excellent for arts and crafts plus amazing food stalls, nice pics here also

…r24.asia/632142/Wora-Bura-Resort-and-Spa

Melbourne
Level Contributor
410 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good resort walking distance to town.

In addition to above we also love Putahrasca - not the best beach area, however the neighborhood has its own charms. Many good restaurants popular on weekends with domestic tourists quieter during the week - walk to town or take the resorts Tuk tuks.

8. Re: Good resort walking distance to town.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 04, 2015