We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Hua Hin

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nova Scotia
1 post
Save Topic
Moving to Hua Hin

We are moving to Hua Hin for a year and are taking our 2 cats. They are and have always been house cats with all their shots, etc. Has anyone ever taken their pets and if so did you have any problems getting them into the country bringing them back home again. Also, where do you go to get out of the country for the day (long term stay requirement) every 2 months?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Hua Hin

Can't help on the pet front bot to extend/or activate another three months on your visa, Ranong may well be your best bet (to Myanmar, a short boat ride to a tiny island). As far as i know hua Hin has no immigration office to extend for an extra month if on 60-day visa - you'd have to go to bangkok for that.

UK
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Hua Hin

Am moving to Hua Hin in March with my 2 cats. I can only tell you what is needed from the UK as this is termed a non Rabies country. You will need your cats passport with all their shots, and an Export Health Certificate. 21 days before you travel they will need their vaccinations, and 72 hours before you go, a Vets examination to travel. You will also need an Import Licence which you can get from BKK airport when you arrive, or apply to the Dept. of Livestock Dvelopment, Phya Thai Rd. Bangkok 10400 email: info@dld.go.th. Thai airways are cheaper to transport the cats, and they can travel on the same plane as you. The Thai embassy in your country will also send you all the details you need.

Hope this help.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Hua Hin

Alex has given you good details regarding your cats, check with the Thai Embassy in Ottawa also.

May i mention as an animal lover to check with some experts on this, speak to your vet about this noting the average temperature of between 30-34c most days and how your vet thinks the cats will cope with this.

I don't know, but worth talking about this to your vet, bringing them from Nova Scotia to a tropical climate may or may not effect them, but i could certainly at least discuss this with your vet.

You then need to check with your own government department about returning with the cats, some countries have up to 6 months quarantine but you need to check with your local Canadian government department.

Regarding your stay, I am guessing you are going to get a double entry tourist via (?) in which case you need to leave the country and retun after 60 days, after the next 60 days you might be able to get some extention but you would then have to go outside the country to re-apply for another tourist visa, perhaps Singapore or KL etc, this is where you may get a hiccup as there are new regulations. There 'is' an Immigration office in Hua Hin.

Do check with thai embassy in Ottawa regadring the period that you would be able to stay.

4. Re: Moving to Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin