We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

Hi Everyone,

I will have four full days in Hua Hin from the 30th of this month before moving on to Bangkok.

I want to explore at my own pace and instead of joining an organised day tour, was thinking of hiring a taxi driver off the street for three hours to take me around to see some attractions, such as Hua Mongkol Temple, the Railway Station and the Artist's Village.

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me what would be a reasonable cost for these three hours? I'm not looking to wring every baht I can out of the driver because I've read that they do it pretty tough in Hua Hin, however I would like an idea of where to start.

Also, I'm staying at the Hilton, so would it be o.k. to just walk out of the hotel and approach a taxi waiting there?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Sue

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

Hi Monica,

I'd like to see Hua Mongkol Temple and just a few sites around Hua Hin. On my previous visits I didn't pay any attention to the cost of fuel in Thailand, but now you telling me that it is around $1 a litre tends to make me think that 2000 baht for 8 hours was, indeed, a good price.

Of course if the taxi driver gives good service, I'll use him again and also reward him for that good service.

Thank you everyone once again.

Sue

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
35 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

Hi!

I have used these:

Antti VIRTANEN Jungle Tours

e-mail:

huahinantti@yahoo.com

+ 66 32 522119

+ 66 1 2568104

and

kuismalius@hotmail.com

+ 66 1 8475210 (01-8475210)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

Thanks John!

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

Hi Susan - I'm a great fan of Mr Roong, as regulars on this forum will know. He does do day trips, and will probably drive you himself if you request it. His English is very good and he is a lovely guy. We are coming back to Hua Hin in April and will be hiring a car again, but I'm tempted to hire Mr Roong to take us to the National Park - just because a bit of local knowledge can make the difference between a good trip and a great trip.

Mags

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

Hi Mags,

I never thought of Mr. Roong for day trips. Thanks for letting me know.

Best wishes,

Sue

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

Hi Ranju, did you had a hard time to bargain this price?

Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

I do have a similar question for this as well.

My plan is to visit Swiss Sheep Farm and Santorini probably from Hua Hin, probably something like a half day trip will do. Any idea what will the cost roughly be?

Or is there any public transport that can get me there? Public van, bus?

Edited: 9:37 pm, October 29, 2014
cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

Hi, they're both about a good 30-40 minute drive from Hua Hin town centre and no idea about taxi cost but you ask about public transport and you could go by train but Cha Am station still a long way from them but you could also get on the bright orange buses that go between Hua Hin and Petchaburi, would be extremely cheap, they're quite regular and very safe as never go fast, just flag one down from Main Street in Hua Hin and press bell or tell driver when to stop, you cannot really miss either place. Just be very careful when trying to cross the main road up by Santorini, time it wrong and you'll never get across.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

Hi shevboyz my hotel will arrange for me 3 place which is Santorini park, black sheep and camel republic for 1400 batt for 6 hours.. Maybe you can check It out with your hotel cause most of the private driver will charge 2000 batt for 6 hours.

20. Re: Hiring a taxi in Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 01, 2015