We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather at the moment

UK, Warrington
Level Contributor
103 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Weather at the moment

Hello

My husband and I are travelling to Hua Hin to stay at the Hilton next Friday for 14 nights and have noticed that the weather apprears to be a bit wet. Is this correct and if so is it like England when it rains (except for being 34 degrees) or are the short heavy downpours.

Thanks

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather at the moment

I have been checking as we are driving down on Sundya ( long holiday weekend ) and it is dry and sunny, there was some very heavy rain up until 4 or 5 days ago apparently but it is now clear and dry and should stay that way until October.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather at the moment

Just got home yesterday after an 8 day stay and the weather was perfect on Friday when we left, up to then it had been hot but cloudy for the previous 3 days but the first 4 days were quite showery and cloudy, not particularly downpours but more like UK style.

Belfast
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather at the moment

Returned from Hua Hin last Monday 2nd July - was there for one week after travelling in China. We were going there to relax after our travels and did not really want to do much but lie in the sun. However, I did not see a blue sky the whole time. It was cloudy every day but warm. That in itself was not bad - but the rain was unpredictable. I thought that if it rained it would do so for about half an hour then clear. This was not the case.

I think we were maybe unlucky with the weather - I did check this site before booking and was told that it would be sunny. When you are only there for a week you feel a bit disappointed.

I did however enjoy Hua Hin. I had been to Chaweng in Koh Samui before. I found Hua Hin to be a better choice - a proper town with real thai people.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather at the moment

Yes the weather turned quite bad in the Gulf area which was unusual, it was however sunny and hot with clear skies the last few days in Hua Hin and looks like staying that way.

5. Re: Weather at the moment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 12, 2009