We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Amari?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lurgan, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Amari?

Hi

my husband and I are travelling to Hua Hin in September and

we are thinking if booking the Amari, cant seem to find any info of restaurants near the hotel

we really don't want to travel every night to the town

can someone help please?

thank you

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants near Amari?

I do not know what that budget is in THB ( anyone help ? ) otherwise have to g to an exchange website

Hua Hin has plenty of fine hotels, if you have found the Amari is within your budget then I would go for it, very nice indeed , although not right on the beach they have the golf carts or you can walk to the beach club.

I think the Amari would normaly go for around the THB 3,000 - 4,000 range.

Amari are an excellent hotel group in Thailand

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants near Amari?

Hi Monica - £50 is roughly 2500 baht, or there abouts. At the moment it's about 46 baht to the £, which is very much in my mind as this time next week, we will be in Hua Hin.

Mags

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants near Amari?

Well the weather has brightened up for you :)

Ah so IF Anne F can get the Amari for ( it if is B46 and they have 50 ) if that is on offer for B 2,300 a night I would say a bargain - but Anne F do take care to see if breakfast is included in any offer, over the years have often noted that very cheap prices sometimes do not have the 10% service and 7% VAT and / or breakfast included, so you have o be alert for such things when checking the rates, what may appear a bargain might not be so great when all added up

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurants near Amari?

Just got back today from the amari and it was fantastic. Although on paper it seems far out of town we really enjoyed getting the green minivan into town for only B10 pp. there are plenty of places nearby too, although we didn't think much of Papa Johns. I found the cheapest prices on the Amari website and went for a package which included a massage and afternoon tea etc. well worth it. And breakfast was great too. The Assistant manager Mario is so helpful and will bend over backwards to make your stay perfect.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurants near Amari?

Thanks for posting Greenrobert nice to know

Could you tell us more about the 'beach club' set up and what they have theri, food / drinks ? and whether beach chairs etc, I am sure many would like to know

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Restaurants near Amari?

Sure, the beach club 'Shoreline' is about a 5 minute stroll around the back of the hotel. There is a golf cart which goes on demand whenever people wish to go there, however it is honestly a short stroll and we felt too bad and lazy asking the doormen to drive us.... but many people did!! At the beach club there is a bar and restaurant area, then there is a decent sized area of grass with sun loungers and umbrellas. There are then steps down to the beach. As many people have pointed out, Hua Hin beach is not a pristine golden sand beach as you may find in the Caribbean, especially not during rainy season. Also in the late afternoon the tide comes right up to the steps, leaving no sand at all. Therefore the loungers are not on the sand, but on the grassed area above the sand, but you still have the ocean right in front of you. The food at Shoreline was really good. I had pre booked a BBQ platter dinner which was really good.

However we spent most days by the pool which was huge and pristine, with an infinity edging and jacuzzi area. Then we could dip in the pool whenever it got too hot and there were always plenty of sunbeds.

The only down side of the hotel was the bar prices, but this is much the same as the Hilton etc. and the rooms are so reasonable that I felt we could splash out a little more on drinks etc.

Edited: 11:57 am, July 16, 2013
Lurgan, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Restaurants near Amari?

thank you ,good to hear that you enjoyed it

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Restaurants near Amari?

Yes thanks for that information will be a great help to others

Edited: 1:30 pm, July 17, 2013
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Restaurants near Amari?

Highly recommend Papa Johns which is opposite the Amari.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Restaurants near Amari?

Yes Papa Johns has been around a long time in Hua Hin m there is also a French restaurant opposite entrance to Amari but do not know the name, lots more places opening in that area