We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monsoon Season

England
2 posts
Save Topic
Monsoon Season

We have just booked to go to Hua Hin (not been there before) 24th Sept to 7th October 2006, only to realise that this is the Monsoon season! This is our 3rd trip to Thailand, however we ususally go in February/March when it is dry and sunny. Will our holiday be a total washout, i.e. constant rain? Or will it be quick sharp heavy showers with sunshine in between? Can anybody advise please?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
837 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monsoon Season

Hi my partner and I were there during the monsoon season too, but dont worry it's usually quick rain showers it wont spoil your holiday at all. Its actually very refreshing when it rains.

Enjoy your 3rd trip you lucky thing!!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monsoon Season

Well you know weather is 'whether' and we can never be sure anywhere. Hua Hin has one of the driest beach climates but October into November can be heavy rain, but normally short outbursts, but end September into first week October should not be a problem at all. Although hotel it won't be 'blistering hot' so nice tan weather and cooling sea breeze.

If on the off chance you do get a shower just head to the spa and relax.

3. Re: Monsoon Season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 14, 2009