We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

In all the pictures nobody is actually inside the water..how come? Is it polluted? Jelly fish? Rough seas? If we go it will be end of December with kids.

Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,833 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

Don't know why no one is swimming in the ocean, I have been in December and swam every day in the ocean there without any problems at all, best is to move down the beach away from the kite surfing schools where it is quiet.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,494 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

While Hua Hin is a lovely place it does not have the best beach or sea. There are jellyfish on the beach and the sea looks so grey and unwelcoming that I wouldn't entertain swimming in it. On the other hand most hotels have such good pools that its no wonder the sea doesn't get swam in.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

Highly recommended...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g1825963…

...and Prachuap Khiri Khan is just down the road from Hua Hin

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,418 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

That sounds like a good idea Dagwoodsmate, best reached by rail from Bangkok.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

I was in Hua Hin for 11 days in March. The sea was just lovely and so safe for kids. I didn't see one jelly fish. Don't believe all that you read in TA. ;o)

The best area is about 1Km south of the Hilton.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

I think it depends where you stay but the sea isn't as nice as the resorts down South but it has the advantage that it's easy to get to from Bangkok and has a more authentic Thai feel than the other places.

7. Re: How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:27 pm, June 10, 2013
Edited: 3:27 pm, June 10, 2013
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,494 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

It depends what month you visit for the jellyfish. In June when we went there were lots on the beach.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

Shakked if you are going late December the ocean should be fine. We have been in HuaHin the last 3 January's and i have swum at Khao Takiab beach, Pak Ram Nam and Cha-Am beach. If you look on my profile photo's for January 2013, you will see people swimming at Khao Takiab. Perfect time of year to visit Thailand in my opinion. CJ

10. Re: How come nobody is swimming in the ocean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 12, 2014