We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few Queries

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
60 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Few Queries

Hi,

I am traveling to Hua Hin and Bangkok end of June. Had few queries:

1. My flight is landing at 7:45 am and I wish to take Bell Travel Service bus to Hua Hin from airport. I would like to take the 9:30 am bus. So will I be able to take that bus considering I have less than 2 hours for visa on arrival, buying tickets etc. And should I buy the bus tickets in advance or I would get the bus tickets when i reach there?

2. In case I miss the bus from airport, what will the normal taxi on airport charge me for going to Hua HIn? Any other bus options also?

3. Do foreign exchange counters in Bangkok Airport give rates for Indian Rupee? Also will I get Indian Rupee to Thai Baht coversion in Hua Hin as well?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Vishal

Macau, China
Level Contributor
269 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Few Queries

I would also like to know where in hua hin to take the buses to bangkok and about how long will it take...

Regards

Victor

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Few Queries

Hi, if you mean the airport bus or the VIP buses then from the bus station about 1km south of Market Village on main road, if you mean the blue buses then at the bus stop behind Chat Chai wet market and if you mean the mini buses then there are 2 places near the blue bus stop, another one outside the Collonade Mall and yet another near the Kasikorn Bank just past the Chomsin Road traffic lights going north - taxi is by far the best option though.

Macau, China
Level Contributor
269 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Few Queries

Thanks a lot, cli, can you tell what are the differences between the three, please...

Regards

Victor

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Few Queries

Hi again, the difference between the buses is the following, the airpot bus simply travels between the airport and Hua Hin, the VIP buses are the very long haul buses between Bangkok and wherever down south stopping off at Hua Hin on the way north or south. The blue buses are generally less comfortable and more local although some are also long haul again stopping off at Hua Hin on their way up or down.

Minibuses, well really not advised unless cost is important and you like a little risk and excitement in your life, luggage can be frowned upon and comfort is non existent but they travel usually at great speed between Hua Hin and Victory Monument and depending on which one you take will stop off at other parts of Bangkok.

I still say go by taxi but there you have it.

Macau, China
Level Contributor
269 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Few Queries

Gracias again ^__^

Regards

Victor

16. Re: Few Queries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 30, 2014