We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin in August '06 ????

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin - Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hua Hin in August '06 ????

Hi , I am thinking of booking a holiday for 5 ( 2 adults - 3 teenage Girls).

I am concerned about

1.Safety - is it ok there ?

2.Weather - is rainfall high / is it humid ?

3.There are references to jellyfish in the Sea - is this a big problem ?

4.Prices in Hotels seem to be "western levels" - is this so ?

5. Mosquitos - are they and malaria a problem ?

6.Any great sights/monuments nearby ?

Would really appreciate feedback as I am wanting to book this week end.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hua Hin in August '06 ????

Hi,

Hua Hin sounds like a great destination for you and your crowd. I would'nt worry as most of your fears would seem to be unfounded, and I have spent many months in Hua hin over the past ten years. The sea is not the best for swimming in, yet ten/fifteen miles away are the most gourgeous beaches with perfect swimming. Hua Hin is great place to be based, in the rainy season it gets the least amount of rainfall in c.Thailand (c-s. thailand I should say), and I'd go for it! prices are not necessarily Western levels - see this site for the choices in the town itself. malaria is not a problem at all.I have friends who have lived there for years (having Thai wives/families e.t.c.) and have never heard iof one case.

Hope this helps alleviate some of your fears!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hua Hin in August '06 ????

1 - Very safe

2 - Weather should be hot and dry, about 32-35

3 - Sometimes, but there are choices of beaches

4 - I don't think 'any' hotels in Hua hin get anywhere near 'western levels' if you are meaning Europe as oposed to North America, even a top place like the Hyatt Regency is about USD 115 a night, other top places around the USD 70-90 range are Sofitel, Hilton, Anantara. The 3 star Novotel up towards Cha Am is from around USD 40, other 3 star range places go from about USD 30-45, smaller boutique or 2 star places from around USD 30-40, those are all for a twin/double including tax, service and breakfast.

Compared with what I have had to pay in Europe, wow, that is well cheaper.

5- Not a pronblem, just use normal precuations

6 - Lots, old palace in Hua Hin, lots of temples at Khao Takiab, also a trip to Phetchaburi for the ancient hilltop palace and a trip around the temples is well worth it, only about 40 minutes away.

For sights Sam Roi Yot National park, also birdwatching and wetlands, very nice, mountains, temples, fruit plantations, farms and villages, Pak Nam Pran fishing village, pranburi river, Pala U Waterfalls, snorking at Koh Talu near Bang Saphan about 2 hrs 30 mins south. Elephant Village and sanctuary, Kraechen National Park, you can also day trip to the Bridge on the River Kwai, takes about 3 hours each way.

Dublin - Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hua Hin in August '06 ????

Thanks for the info - much appreciated

T.

kpf
usa
Level Contributor
307 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hua Hin in August '06 ????

Bangkokgas,

Hi. You mentioned beautiful beaches near Hua HIn- whick ones are they? Thanks!!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hua Hin in August '06 ????

Monica will mark your card there. i am out of town, preoccupied with the world cup, and i can't remember the names! But, they are only ten-fifteen kilometers away.. lefy my "bumpf" at home. Sorry!

6. Re: Hua Hin in August '06 ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 16, 2009