We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused - hua hin n cha am

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
712 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Confused - hua hin n cha am

I searched for hotels in hh on agoda. But it was giving me hotels for both hh/cha am. Are they side by side? Same beach? Confused

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused - hua hin n cha am

Good question. They are fairly close to each other. There are quite a few hotels in the 'no mans land' between the two towns that seem to be included in the search. Make sure you check the map and see where hotels you are interested in are exactly located. A hotel stated as being in Hua Hin could actually be 10km away leaving you stuck in the hotel or having to pay taxi fees every time you want to go out.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused - hua hin n cha am

The 2 town centres are approx 25 kms apart from each other, but the main problem is that Hua Hin border technically finishes at its airport which is only around 5 kms from the town centre and 2 of its top hotels are nearer to Hua Hin than Cha Am but come under the Cha Am district although promoted as being in Hua Hin.

I also think most people would prefer to be in Hua Hin if only for the facilities available as Cha Am is very laid back and not a lot of life outside of the hotels or the beach plus the beach and hotel area are quite a long way from the town itself which has precious little for the tourist to see or do (no doubt get shot down in flames by somebody for that comment) that doesn't mean that many would not enjoy the place if a very quiet life is being looked for. I think that when choosing a hotel you should find out exactly where it is if its Hua Hin you really want to be in before making your booking.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
712 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused - hua hin n cha am

Thank you for the replies. To make it simple, am opting for wora bura resort cos the price is good. Is this resort in a good beach in hua hin?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused - hua hin n cha am

I never use Agoda so no idea how they list, but others I use list them spearate, as Gippy3000 and Cli have said some Cha Am places can be a long way from Hua Hin, others though very near.

Wora Bura is nice choice and the beach there is ok, the large pool overlooks the beach. it is in the Khao Takiab area of Hua Hin, they have a shuttle apparently but also there is the cheap local songthaew ( pick up with seats in the back ) that goes along the nearby road, to and from town center.

Edited: 1:18 pm, April 24, 2013
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused - hua hin n cha am

The cheap songthaew's referred to above are known as the "Green Bus" route and run every 15 minutes from the crack of dawn until 21:00 every night. In fact it is not very often mentioned, but we found them running as late as 21:30 but I would not rely on it. They run from the police station at Khao Takiab through the Night Market to the airport.

6. Re: Confused - hua hin n cha am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 26, 2014