We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need good wedding venue in Hua Hin

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Need good wedding venue in Hua Hin

Dear all,

I would like to have my wedding ceremony in Hua Hin and would like to know which hotel is the best:

1. Beautiful with good beach and garden as outdoor event venue

2. Reasonable cost

3. New and not old and good service

4. Have experience in organising wedding

Is Veranda Resort and Spa the best choice?? WIll the room in Sofitel very old? I dont like Marriott as I stayed there before the service is very poor.

Tentative date is in end August. What is the possibility of rain in August?

Thanks any body with good advice.

Floma

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need good wedding venue in Hua Hin

I would go for the Hyatt Regency, it has superb gardens and right on the beach, fine resort

…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Standard room goes for about HKF 895 including tax, service and breakfast, Regency Club rooms about HKD 1,250

r24.org/nongasia.com/…

Weather should be reasonable, just note that the Spa at the Hyatt is being redone but they say will be finished in August, I will be there this weekend so I can check that out.

Tip for drinks: make a deal with the hotel on wine etc with any meal but check what corkage charge they will levy and if you reach an agreement buy in house wine from local wine shops, a 2.5 l bottle will only cost about HKD 85 a bottle.

Here's another tip for you, if you have friends and family who want to stay at the Hyatt fine, but if some are on a tighter budget they can stay about a 10 minute walk away at the Baan Duangkaew, this is just 12 nice sal rooms bungalow style around a small pool, not on the beach, but if some of your guests want a cheap place then it would be ideal for them. A double with breakfast is about HKD 430 a night there.

HK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need good wedding venue in Hua Hin

Thanks so much, Monica, for your advice.

May I ask apart from Hua Hin, any good place in Thailand to hold a wedding between August to October?? We considered Koh Samui but seems the transportation is quite inconvenient from HK. Any idea what other options are great and convenient and considered less rain during this period? What about Pueket?

Also, would you have any good recommendation on Live string band with reasonable cost in Hua Hin?

Thanks,

Florence

UK
Level Contributor
943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need good wedding venue in Hua Hin

There are direct flights between HK and Samui now on Bangkok Air - but perhaps too expensive? www.bangkokair.com.

HK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need good wedding venue in Hua Hin

Thanks. Good piece of information.

Any idea of reliable travel agent that can book hotels in more competitive price in Thailand? Thinking it is normally more expensive to book direct through the hotel.

Appreciate any recommendation :)

UK
Level Contributor
943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need good wedding venue in Hua Hin

There are a few thai online services - www.sawadee.com being one of them - that are 'consolidator' websites and the room prices are cheaper in the vast majority of cases than if you book directly with the hotel. You do have to pay a deposit though which in the case of sawadee.com is non-refundable.

However, my cousin lived in HK and said that you often get good deals directly from HK agents that are offered to residents of HK that you may be able to benefit from.

6. Re: Need good wedding venue in Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 14, 2009