We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

Has anyone stayed in a superior room at the Centara in Hua Hin recently?

Would you recommend a room in the Railway Wing, Colonial Wing or Garden Wing? Do any of these wings have a view or feature that is better than any of the others?

The hotel has confirmed that all the superior rooms are newly rennovated.

Thanks,

Gemma

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

I'd be intertested to hear also

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

Hi Gemma - not recently, but we have stayed in a superior room in the Railway Wing and really liked it. We requested a room that didn't overlook the Hilton and were on the ground floor, with a lovely little 'garden' area (bit of a grand description) with seating.

I don't think there are superior rooms in the Colonial Wing but we have stayed in a Luxury deluxe club room and it was beautiful. These rooms are premium and come with a sea view. The garden wing surrounds the Garden Pool - and possibly extends further, and the Railway Wing over looks the gardens. Things may have changed since we were there a couple of years ago.

It's a lovely hotel, which ever wing you happen to be in, although we did enjoy the club. Don't forget to request a king size bed, rather than two Queen beds, if you would prefer that. You can always email the hotel with specific requests.

Mags

It's a lovely hotel -

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

Thanks Mags.

The hotel sent me a description of the superior room which states that they do have superior rooms in the railway, colonial and garden wings. From your experience, which would you consider to be the 'better' wing and why? Also, which of these wings are overlooked by the Hilton?

Ideally I'd like a reasonably quiet location with nice views. Sounds like I'm being fussy but I had a bad experience on a previous holiday were I was woken at 5 a.m. every morning as we were next to the dining restaurant (and they were setting up breakfast service!) I was ready to go home to get some sleep!!

Thanks again.

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

We loved the Colonial Wing - our room was above the entrance lobby and had wonderful views. It was lovely coming down the grand staircase every day - felt a bit like stepping back into a more glamourous bygone era. However, we did love our room in the Railway Wing too - it was more traditional than the Club Room, and surprisingly spacious. It had a simpler, smaller bathroom however.

I think as long as you request a room that doesn't overlook the Hilton, and quite honestly, even that's not a major problem, you will be fine. (Our room in the Railway Wing just faced the gardens, but some would have had a view of the Hilton). I think nearer to the Colonial Wing, the better though. There were some fairly dark looking rooms, the nearer you get to the beach, on the right hand side.

We liked the Garden Pool best btw. It was much quieter and slighted more secluded than the two pools by the beach. It was also very convenient for the Club, which we made full use of - particularly between 5 and 7, for pre- dinner drinks. Wine is very expensive in Thailand, so we made the most of it, before going out to eat in Hua Hin.

Mags

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

Thanks Mags.

I've just booked out holiday which includes 8 nights at the Centara. I've requested a room with a nice view (not overlooking the Hilton) and in or close to the colonial wing.

Your help/advice was appreciated and helped me with my reservation request, so thankyou.

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

We have been a number of times and just love the place. On our last visit, we found our allocated room in the Railway wing a little dark but no problem's when contacting the staff with our concerns as we were shown a room in the colonial wing and could not have been happier.

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

Hi. Really pleased to have helped. Have a great time!

Mags

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

we normally stay in the colonial wing but towards the end of the resort so we have beach views. Not sure if they are superior or deluxe rooms.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

How is the beach on this resort? Is the beach clean? Clear water? I've heard lots of negative comments regarding beaches in HuaHin and I'm getting confused.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort, Hua Hin

We have been there twice with and without kids and thought beach was great.

Was very clean when we went in August and very enjoyable to walk along

Have fun