We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Monika.

wales
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Monika.

You appear to be the fountain of all knowledge.

Two things are putting me of Hua Hin; the busy road to cross to the beach and the water quality.

My wife likes the beach but I cannot sunbathe. Son and daughter in 20's who we are meeting out there may fancy latish nights. I like markets and people watching.

We all like eating.

Any observations and suhhestions please.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Monika.

Beach isn't the greatest but you get more than just beach with the busy town, cultural sights and attractions, national parks, nature reserves etc etc.

Night markets, local atmosphere.

Try and stay on the beach side of the main road, much better, just added some ideas on your other post for accommodation.

You have endless choice of places to eat, over the water restaurants, masses of other restaurants with many different cuisines, street stalls, food at night markets etc.

There are lots of bars and eateries in the central area with music etc

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Monika.

Crossing the road isn't really a problem; I've been many times and not even thought about it.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Monika.

If you take notice of the traffic light signals then it's easy to cross the main road thru HuaHin. In the 3 visits to HuaHin we have had to stop people from just walking out in front of traffic...Road sense is a must when you want to cross that busy road..From 10pm the main road is very quiet apart from the odd buses and bikes. CJ

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Monika.

Stay on the beach side! No road to cross - where are you looking at?

wales
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Monika.

Am staying at Prinz Villa and following responses my concern over main road has diminished.

Next job is to find a Bar that will be showing The British Lions.

lancashire
Level Contributor
204 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Monika.

I agree with rubarabbit ..crossing the road is not a worry its not like a Bangkok road...never experience a problem I would not choose a hotel based on wether i had to cross a road and I have mobility problems ...Hua hin is a fantastic townplenty of bars showing sports enjoy your holidays

7. Re: Question for Monika.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 14, 2014