We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Wobble

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
718 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Wobble

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could put my mind at rest, I have booked the Hyatt for our family(children 8 and 11) holiday in March after much research as I though it seemed better than the Centara for children. I know its not as central as the Centara. I have booked two inconnecting standard rooms and on the review lately they seemed to get very negative reviews as they need updating, I realise the club room have been updated and get great reviews. Hard beds, no blackout curtains (which is a real negative). I am wondering if I should change I could still get a room at the Centara - one room - delux - for the 4 of us for the same price. Can anyone who has stayed in a standard room recently at the Hyatt please advise, or anybody who has stayed at the Centara with children advise me should I change and is it cramped in the one room.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
180 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Wobble

We stayed at Hyatt Easter 2011 in a standard room with 2 adults and 2 kids aged 4 and 7. The room was lovely, not huge, especially as they put an extra bed beside the King bed, but absolutely adequate. Lovely balcony with overhead fan. Very comfortable beds, crisp linen, good quiet air on and very nice bathroom. I wouldn't worry especially as you have 2 interconnecting Roos ( lucky things!) . We loved the Hyatt and you are right it's fantastic for kids. Wonderful pools, lazy river, fantastic Easter egg hunt, right on really nice stretch of beach. It's very easy to get not town just walk out of entrance and hop in a tuk tuk or songthaw whichever comes first. Or walk up the beach to Let's Sea for lunch, which is fantastic. The hotel restaurants are great as well, our children really enjoyed the kids menu in the You and Mee noodle bar by the pool. McFarland House is gorgeous in the evening and my 4 year old daughter absolutely loved listening and dancing to the cheesy resident band.

You will not regret going to Hyatt. We have opted for deluxe club at centara this time for a change but the children definitely want to go back go the Hyatt regency. We went to Centara Grand Phuket last Easter and though very nice we so much preferred Hua Hin and can't wait to get back.

Don't worry, you can't go wrong.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Wobble

I stayed at the Centara for a week in November last year. I haven't stayed at the Hyatt but have read a lot of reviews on it.

It seemed to me that the clientele at the Centara when I was there comprised mainly of couples, with quite a few of them on golfing holidays.

The atmosphere was sedate and quiet and I didn't observe any children playing in the grounds or in the pools. I did see a few couples with babies and a few older children at breakfast, but to me, it did not have what I would call a family atmosphere.

I found a lot of couples sitting around the pool cocooned in their own private world and other than a nod of greeting, people seemed unwilling to engage in conversation. I think that children tend to be icebreakers when it comes to chatting to other holiday makers.

The Centara is a lovely hotel and if you want elegance, privacy and a relaxing atmosphere, you will surely love it. Also, I understand that many people go to these upmarket resorts expecting peace and quiet. However, in my opinion from what I have read about the Hyatt, I believe it would be a better choice for those with children. There certainly seems to be more things for children to do there.

Next time I think that I will look at booking the Hyatt also and see if it has a bit more of a friendly atmosphere.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
718 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Wobble

Thanks to you both, you have completely put my mind at rest, as long the the rooms are clean and the beds are comfy, then I am happy as we usually don't spend too much time in the rooms. Susan D I have read that the Centara is more suited to adults than children but maybe over Easter time the Centara will have more families. Edufl, let us know what you think of the Centara and how your kids get on. We also have been to Phuket a few times, stayed at the Holiday Inn Patong (great hotel) Patong is not everyone cup of tea but we loved walking out to all the restaurants - used the beach in Kata and and passed by the Centara a few times, it looks lovely. We are looking forward to out first visit to Hua Hin and I will do a review of the hotel from a child and adult point of view.

4. Re: Hotel Wobble

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 04, 2014