We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara grand hua hin resort layout?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
99 posts
324 reviews
Save Topic
Centara grand hua hin resort layout?

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way of getting a resort layout for the centara grand in Hua Hin?

We go in September and from looking at reviews etc, it looks a large resorts.

If anyone knows how to obtain a layout/plan of the resort it would be appreciated.

Hubby and I like to familiarise ourselves with where things are if possible in advance.

Thanks

Regards

Barbara

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara grand hua hin resort layout?

Unless someone has a link to find one my only suggestion would be to ask the Centara if they have one.

It is a large resort but not 'so large' , if you look at the photos you will get an idea

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
99 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara grand hua hin resort layout?

Thank you Monica.

I have looked on resort site and they don't have a layout, but I might try e-mailing them directly and asking.

Thanks for your response

Regards

Barbara

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,290 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara grand hua hin resort layout?

If you download Google Earth you can zoom in and see the hotel. You can see the high rise Hilton next door and the Centara villas close to it and also the main Centara hotel and the grounds.

It does look large but it doesn't appear that large when you're there. It's a wonderful hotel.

Edited: 11:49 am, January 16, 2013
Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara grand hua hin resort layout?

Hi Barbara - its not actually that large, and a short walk around the grounds will be enough to get your bearings.

If you are actually staying in the hotel, there are different wings: the Colonial Wing, which is the original building - our favourite. Then you have the Railway Wing which backs onto the gardens and the Garden Wing, part of which faces the Garden Pool - our favourite pool.

There are two further pools in front of the beach, and access onto the beach ( near the Railway Museum).

If you get a chance, it is worth upgrading to the club, if you haven't already done so, as it's a beautiful place to enjoy pre dinner drinks, and watch the sunset.

The gardens surround the hotel, and the topiary is stunning.

When you arrive, you will come in through the main entrance, up a sweeping drive. However, once you have your bearings, there is a side entrance (the original entrance) accessed behind the Garden Pool. This is a bit of a shortcut. And, I think if I'm right Daisy, this is opposite the entrance to the villas?

As Daisy says, it's a beautiful hotel. Have a wonderful time.

Mags

manchester
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centara grand hua hin resort layout?

I am sorry to hijack this, but while on the subject of the centara , does it come accross as stuffy at all. I am considering staying in June but not keen on too much formality , I have previously stayed at the anantara which I loved , but I am tempted by the centara for the central location.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,290 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centara grand hua hin resort layout?

No the Centara is not stuffy. It's just a lovely hotel with excellent service. We stayed in a villa so went over to the hotel for breakfast (had only one evening meal as an extra to the price) and then ate in the town every evening. Toddled over for breakfast without being overdressed and had no problem. We had the drinks and nibbles included in our villa offer (which I'm sure you can get as an upgrade if staying in the main hotel) and for this during the evening we dressed casual and had no problems.

It really is a wonderful hotel and I'm sure if you take up the opportunity of staying there you will not be disappointed. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
12 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centara grand hua hin resort layout?

No, not stuffy or snobby.. Only on comment that my OH coundnt wear his shorts on NYE but hardly a problem, after all it was 'only' 40 degrees!!!

8. Re: Centara grand hua hin resort layout?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 21, 2014