We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Songkran

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen
Level Contributor
355 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Songkran

Hi there,

How many days does Hua Hin celebrate Songkran. Does it start on the 13th April?.

Thankyou in advance

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Songkran

Songkran in Hua Hin usually starts around the bar/touristy areas on the evening of the 13th and then extends throughout the next day.

Pretty well all over on the 14th.

Baghdad, Iraq
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Songkran

I am planning a trip to Thailand from 1-20 Apr. Is it better to experience Songkran in Chiang Mai or at a beach location like Koh Samui or Phuket?

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Songkran

Coming to Bangkok from 10 to 16 April 2013. Didnt realise it was Songkran. Apart from getting soggy, how limiting will the festival be in Bangkok eg. shop closures, public transport, tours etc.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Songkran

Songkran is usually on the 13th in Hua Hin but as this year it falls on a Saturday there are thoughts that it might well be on the 12th instead which has been made an official holiday. No one really knows at the moment which day it will be but if I hear I will post.

In Hua Hin it starts around mid morning but there will always be the early starters and builds up to late afternoon/early evening and then fades away at least at street level and the following day is almost back to normal.

As for business's, many will be closed for the day but some will maybe have limited opening with a skeleton staff although in the touristy parts of town you should still be able to get whatever you might want from somewhere.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Songkran

Been there a few times during songkran it's a brilliant atmosphere but be prepared to get soaked through for the entire time they are celebrating, 3 day ! you just have to join in and it's fun but can be a bit annoying when you want to go out for evening dinner as no where is safe and you have to sit in your wet clothes whilst eating! Have fun, I love Thailand and am going again this may.

Phuket, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Songkran

Chang mai goes for a week Phuket one day and hua him not sure ... i have experienced Phuket and always enjoyed myself but have been tokld there is no comparison for the festival than Chang mai

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Songkran

Seems that Songkran will be on Saturday 13th and the previous day will just be a holiday anyway. There's to be a foam party at Market Village but the best fun will probably be wherever you find it which won't be difficult.

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Songkran

Normally it starts in the morning 13 april.. I have been here in Hua Hin the last 4 years in Songkran and get wet from early in the morning til late in the evening 13. 14 there is still some activity about the water, but 15. they are sleeping because of to much whisky.. Ha ha.. One thing, be very carefull in the traffic because of many drunk drivers..

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Songkran

There will propably be a lot of closed shops because thaipeople go home to visit family and celebrates. The big shoppingcenters is normally open..

10. Re: Songkran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 12, 2014