We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester england
8 posts
Save Topic
Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

Hi there

We are going to the Anantara in Hua Hin in July and have booked a deluxe sea view room. After reading feedback on the forum we e mailed the hotel to ask about upgrading the room. We have been given several different prices and i have a couple of questions that i wonder if anyone could help us with......

..........is there much of a difference between a superior lagoon room and a deluxe lagoon - which one would you go for? are they on different floors ?

..............also are we better changing money in England or waiting till we get there ?

norway
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

We stayd at Superior Lagoon room last year. They are fantastic! We got a room in 1st floor. Loved the balcony, and the nice high ceelings. I think the difference between the superior ant the deluxe is that you are guaranteed a room in 1st floor with deluxe. I havent been in the ground floor rooms. It is certanly worth upgrading from seaview to superior lagoon, but I'm not sure about the deluxe.

Think you are better changing money in Thailand

Dorset
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

We have just returned from a 10 night break at the Anantara.

As far as the room is concerned it depends what you like. We had booked a sea view room and asked about upgrading but they wanted another ÃÃÃÃÃã400 to upgrade to a lagoon view room. The view from the lagoon view was nice (but personally I prefered the sea view) and the bathroom bigger but it seemed a lot to pay for those 2 things so we saved our money for shopping, which was great!

You can use the lagoon pool if you upgrade but I found it a bit of a disappointment as it was smaller than I expected. We had no difficulty finding sunbeds and thought the main pool was a lot nicer. The sea view room was very nice my only critisism was the bathroom was very small and the shower not great but if you don't mind these things I'd stick to the seaview.

As far as changing money is concerned we used ATMs and got a much better exchange rate, 67 baht to the pound instead of 61! We have a Nationwide bank account which we just use for travelling as they don't charge anything for using ATMs so overall you save loads and we didn't have any problems finding ATMs in Bangkok or Hua Hin.

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
43 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

All superior lagoons are on the upper floor and the de luxe on the ground. This gives the superior lagoon rooms a far better view from your balcony and reduces your exposure to mossies. Go for the superior, it's well worth the little extra. The laggon room pool is small but it's big enough to have a swim and a cool down, the view is great

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
43 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

All superior lagoons are on the upper floor and the de luxe on the ground. This gives the superior lagoon rooms a far better view from your balcony and reduces your exposure to mossies. Go for the superior, it's well worth the little extra. The laggon room pool is small but it's big enough to have a swim and a cool down, the view is great

Tewkesbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

Hi, Linds here, thanks for you reply. Whatdates are you going to be at the hotel? We are there for 16 nights and flying from Birmingham.

I must agree that the debate that seems to be going on regarding the rooms is a but worring as everyone is talking about the lagoon rooms and upgrading. I think you spend so little time in your room it is better to use the £400 for your meals/shopping. Also the meal deals that a lot of reviews mention seem not to be worth it either, but i will save judgement ubtil we arrive!!!

Linds

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

I think you are right, that's a lot of money saving and as you say you can do quite some shopping with that ! There is a great new mall just past the Marriott that has some lovely fashion shops and also some excellent arts and crafts. Don't miss the Silk Shp just in the north part of town.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

We stayed in a De Luxe Sea view room last September and found it perfectly fine to the extent that we're going back in a few days time and just going for a Garden view room which with a bit of luck will still give us a partial sea view. we simply only sleep in our room, during the day we'll either be on the beach, in the pool our out and about and once it gets dark you can't see much from your room anyway.

Tewkesbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

Tanks for that we have book the same room and have been offered an upgrade if availkable which I am sure it wont be!! Do you have any advice on eating out ie breakfast? We have not gone for the breakfast as they wanted £400 plus for all of us which seems rediculous. Are there any little shops within walking distance of the hotel and do the ladies stil sell food on the beach?

Thanks in anticipation.

Lindsay

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

That is strange as the local rates for the Anantara always include brekfast! The Garden rooms are about ( in English pounds ) 57 a night for 2, so around 28.50 a night per person including tax, service and breakfast, deluxe is about 4 pounds a night extra for the room for both( 2 pounds each ), the Lagoon rooms about 30 extra per night for 2( about 15 each ), but rates always include breakfast, strange, but I guess on a package it's somewhat different.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anantara hotel - advice on rooms please ?

Hi Monica.

We've been going Far East now for a great many years and most packages booked in UK are nearly always room only for some strange reason, the exception for whatever reason is Phuket which is nearly always including breakfast. Sometimes you can get a b&b deal by booking early as we did for the Anantara last year, but our next visit in a few days was a late booking so room only. We'll try for a deal at checkin but for what my wife and I eat for Breakfast, some fresh fruit, a few slices of toast and some coffee i'll certainly not be paying the quoted price. What we usually do is bring a couple of plastic bowls and spoons, a packet of cereal and dried milk, buy fresh milk and some fruit in the local shops and eat on our balcony in the mornings. But to me it does seem strange that breakfast isn't included as a matter of course.

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin