We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangkok to hua hin

birmingham
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
bangkok to hua hin

looking to travel to hua hin from bangkok,

best ways to travel,

advice needed please

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,897 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bangkok to hua hin

Here's the lowdown on how to do it and the various transportation:

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g297922-c2333/Hua-…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bangkok to hua hin

@tiger: On reading your post I was suddenly reminded that I really should do something about booking our Hua Hin transfers for next February... I had read the FAQs and had bookmarked the Oriental Escape website but then promptly forgot about it.

I followed Cassnu's link back to the travel article and, on re-reading it, had a thought: "what would the hotel charge?"; so as an exercise, I emailed the Grand Centara to ask them for a quote for transfers from/to BKK (Suvarnabhumi) and was shocked with their prompt reply:

"Transportation: Our limousine service is a BMW 520i, Mercedes Benz E220 CDI or Toyota Commuter and the cost is THB 6,000 Thai Baht including 17.7% tax & service charge per car per way* (Bangkok – Hua Hin or Hua Hin – Bangkok). * The price is subject to change without prior notice.

Airport Royal Care Service: Our Airport Royal Care Service can accompany you from the plane to your limousine and fast track through Immigration and Customs for 2,000 Thai Baht including 17.7% tax & service charge per person per car per way."

Needless to say I immediately resurrected the Oriental Escape website and booked our transfers with a 'Family Car' as we, ahem, DO NOT travel lightly: 4 pieces plus... at THB 6,200 return, it was just over the one-way price quoted by the Centara.

I get the impression that some hoteliers will extend their service; but only at a price.

Cheers ツ

Edited: 11:12 pm, December 11, 2012
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bangkok to hua hin

You can travel by taxi / car service, train or bus

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bangkok to hua hin

Hi Tiger. We have used Mr Roong - 4000bt return. Will use him again when we come back to Hua Hin next July.

Mags

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bangkok to hua hin

By taxi is easy. Can be below THB2000.

There is a bus from the airport:

http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/

Also busses from the city, even cheaper. Takes longer than taxi.

Train also available, but as well more complicated than taxi.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bangkok to hua hin

Got back from Thailand today. Used Oriental Escape for both outward and the return journeys.

Booked an executive car for both legs and the service was fine. Clean cars, good drivers and punctual service. At THB3100 it is not cheap but when I arrive in an unfamiliar environment, reliability is worth paying a bit extra for.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bangkok to hua hin

3100 per trip or return?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bangkok to hua hin

That would be each way for an executive car, regular sedan THB 2,850

Edited: 2:41 pm, December 14, 2012
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bangkok to hua hin

Note the Airport bus service arrives and departs from the Sombat Bus Station which is south of town center so do appreciate you have to then sort transport to your accommodation and that will cary depending where in the area you are staying

birmingham
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bangkok to hua hin

thanks for the replys.

WENT FOR THE TAXI 2000BT one way, door to door...........