We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying to hua hin

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Topic
flying to hua hin

Hello whats my best option to fly to Hua Hin from KL would it be to fly to Bangkok then travel south down to Hua Hin or could i fly somewhere further south near the train route then catch the train up north to Hua Hin orginal plan was to do the train all the way but times not on my side lot to cram in a week thanks

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying to hua hin

I'd say fly to Bangkok and then jump in a taxi and get them to take you a couple of hours south.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying to hua hin

SGA appears have to discontinued the flights between Hua Hin and Bangkok (not a big surprise) http://www.huahinairport.com/

Bangkok is closer to Hua Hin than other airports, so it should be the most convenient place for switching to ground transportation. In addition to taxis, there is a bus from Suvarnabhumi airport http://airporthuahinbus.com/

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying to hua hin

Berjaya Air operate 3 times weekly from KL ( Subang ) non stop to Hua Hin

http://www.berjaya-air.com

SGA aero ended flights years ago to Hua hin

Thai regional operate flights Bangkok to Hua hin ( but you have to check the schedules as is only 1 daily )

But anyway from Kuala Lumpur the non stop Berjaya Air flights are the way to go for sure

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flying to hua hin

I knew that you had mentioned something about a direct flight from KL Monica, I just couldn't remember which airline it was.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flying to hua hin

Not surprised difficult to find Cassnu, searching search engines like Big G etc have just so many websites years and years out of date :)

, for new flights and things I hear about them mostly from my son or daugther who get the info off Twitter or local Thai sites

Edited: 12:47 am, December 06, 2012
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: flying to hua hin

Thanks everyone sorry i didnt realise Hua Hin had an airport i was now thinking of flying from KL to Krabi for a few days then catch bus to the nearest train station then the train up to Hua Hin but if Hua Hin has an airport i will have to rethink i dont know much about either place Krabi or Hua Hin is Krabi worth a day or 2 or i would you recommend spending more time in Hua Hin and missing out on Krabi now i know i can get there direct also didnt really want to fly to Bangkok 1st as i will be ending my trip there, thanks

Edited: 1:41 pm, December 06, 2012
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flying to hua hin

I wouldn't travel to Krabi just for a day or two, that's not worth the hassle and there's no trains that go to Krabi, you would have to get a bus, not worth the long journey for such a short time, but definitely worth it for 3-4 days if you can manage that although if you are ending your trip in Bangkok it's not worth going back down to Krabi to then pass Hua Hin on the way to Bangkok, you would definitely go to Krabi first and then Hua Hin, but you can get cheap flights to Krabi with Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur. If you wanted to get the train from Krabi to Hua Hin you would have to go back to Hat Yai which is a place best avoided at the moment.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: flying to hua hin

Thanks ,i think my dream of going from singapore to bangkok overground by train isnt looking too good ive come up with this, start in singapore(1 night stay) train to KL(3 nights) fly to Krabi/ao nang (4 nights) then fly onto Hua Hin (3 nights) then train up to Bangkok(2 nights) at least ill be starting and ending with the original train idear its a lot to squeeze in but i cant see any other way does this seem too much in 2 weeks ?

Edited: 5:39 pm, December 06, 2012
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flying to hua hin

Can you fly from Krabi to Hua Hin - you may have to bus it from Krabi to Hua Hin as there isn't a train close by either.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: flying to hua hin

Had a look around your right i dont think i can back to the drawing board i guess im going to have to choose between the 2, im back where i started