We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tesco Lotus Market Village

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tesco Lotus Market Village

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if tesco is still in market village shopping centre.

Also as we are there over Christmas this year will we be able to still book somewhere for Christmas lunch when we get there, we arrive 22/12. I'm vegetarian too so any suggestion would be great.

Thanks all

Gina

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tesco Lotus Market Village

Hi, yes still there and there are any amount of Tesco Express outlets around town too.

As for Xmas lunch it all depends on where you want to go, if in a hotel it'll probably be expensive and may or may not be full but you will find a vacancy somewhere likewise at the better restaurants around town, but it would do no harm to look at places on the internet and if you like the look of it then make a reservation. Bear in mind that Thai's do not celebrate Xmas at all, the banks and shops and other business's will all be open and the kids will be at school so its only tourists and expats celebrating.

As for veggie food, I would imagine that most places can/would be able to supply your needs quite easily.

perth australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tesco Lotus Market Village

Thanks Cli

We are staying in an apartment this time to avoid the Christmas charges for dinner etc

We don't want anything too fancy just a good meal and good atmosphere. will keep a look on the Internet

Thanks

Gina

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tesco Lotus Market Village

Hi again Gina (is it Perth Australia or Perth Scotland?)

You'll probably only get an Xmas meal at hotels or the upmarket/better style restaurants that are in the tourist area's due to the Thai's them selves not celebrating Xmas but there are a great many of those to choose from either in the Takiab area or around the Hilton/Centara hotel area.

perth australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tesco Lotus Market Village

Hi Cli,

We are in Perth Australia.

Don't really want the traditional xmas lunch so I guess leaves us with lots of places to try and get a reservation, would prefer smaller type restaurant rather than the big hotel restaurants.

I would imagine it is pretty busy that time of year, we were only in Hua Hin in february this year and decided to come back for xmas, its a nice little spot to holiday.

Thanks

Gina

devon uk
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tesco Lotus Market Village

Hi Gina.................we are lucky to visit hua hin often (must get around to doing some reviews) especially at xmas and new year.............this year one of us is veggie and doesn't like spicy,mushrooms,tomatoes so we have been taking note of whats on the menu at our favourite haunts............so here goes.........

most places will do your favourite thai dish without meat and adjust the spice level to your taste......some do western fare.........chips, omlette,salad,veggie burger pizza................recommend veggies in batter with a honey dip, sweet and sour veggies,coconut milk soup without meat or prawn (tom kha),plus several thai veg dishes with soy or sweet chilli........

where to eat................with only short time before xmas.............some resturants will offer traditional xmas meals at high plices..............most that are any good require booking..............frankly we question their value for money........xmas evening in hua hin will find us at HIN SAI SEAFOOD in poonsuk road...........they have an extensive menu in english.............many veggie items and others that can be adapted...............plenty of room,good facilities,excellent cocktails,lively atmosphere but not rowdy, and the food is good too...............and you are in the heart of HH................or MOOM SABAI ..1 block down from station and 1block across...............not quite as extensive as hin sai but easier on the pocket.....good atmosphere.............near the night market.............beer is cheap.......food good......cooked in front of resturant

there are many more but those 2 stand out and to mention more might confuse...............ultimately its personal choice................your choice...........we arrive early in dec.............email me for any more info now or then..............1 tip......get a hire car and explore.......but xmas is busy and you need to book................good luck...............thaibri

email......brian@littlejohns.plus.com

perth australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tesco Lotus Market Village

Thanks for the reply, I usually find something delicious on the thai menus so i shouldn't have a problem come to think of it. I think its just the whole being away for christmas and not knowing what it will be like as we have never been away for christmas before. We arrive on the 22nd so we have a few days to scout around to find somewhere.

Thanks Brian

Gina

7. Re: Tesco Lotus Market Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 11, 2013