We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sheraton resort

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
sheraton resort

hi folks, not sure if this question is better in this forum or now, however, hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

my wife and i are thinking of visiting thailand mid November this year and thinking of hua hin as our destination.

we have been to the area a couple of years back and stayed at the sheraton. Loved the resort and the facilities (especially, the hge pool).

The query I had, was around anyone being able to advise if there is a similar hotel to the Sheratron which has a big pool and similar facilities. We are staying for 10 nights, and budget is probably the same as sheraton per night.

the last time we stayed, we had a lagoon view room, not sure if I would want a pool access room, however, this is an option I guess......just wantred to get some thoughts from anyone who could offer any advice around similar resorts, with facilities....

we loved the rooms at sheraton, big, with lots of space...if possible, would like something similar .

Happy to know your thoughts on this. dont mind getting a shuttle / taxi to and from the centre and happy to eat at a resort a couple of times too.....we just go to relax as we have done all the tours we wanted in the past.

I have had a read of the 'stickies' at the start of the forum and understand November 'should' be a drier month, however, appreciate weather can not be predicted in this lovely place.

We have been to thaiand on 7 occasions, and if anyone can think of any other areas where it may potentially not be rainy season, happy to consider this too. (have been to phuket 4 times, staying at patong and khao lak)

any thoughts welcome..

thanks in adviance for reading and posting replis.

Kind Regards

sants

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sheraton resort

The Intercontinental and Hyatt Regency are both good, closer to town than the Sheraton.

Another place worth looking at is the relatively new Marrakesh , also like the others right on the beach and again the Marrakesh is much nearer to town thatn the Sheraton. They are all along the main stretch of Main beach.

Another plus of those is that daytime it only costs B 10 to use the songhtaew ( pick up with seats in the back ) to / from town, so that is cheap ( though from Intercontinental or Marrakesh it means getting to the other side of the main dual road, but when returning from town center it is easy as you can hop off righ in front of either of those )

At the Hyatt which is further down from those 2 you can also use the songthaews during daytime, again heading into town you cross a road but a great deal quieter road and easier to cross.

Nearer to town than those and a great deal smaller is Cape Nidhra which has pool rooms / suites

Right in the town but also on the beach Centara ( previously the Sofitel Centara ) is a favorite of many, it is an older design although modern in facilities / rooms. But very different style to Sheraton which as you know is very modern in design. That also has the plus that you can walk to night market, waterfront restaurants etc.

There Sheraton continues to do very well and popular.

Edited: 6:50 am, June 04, 2012
Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sheraton resort

hi Monika,

thanks very much for your prompt response. I will certainly have a look at these resorts and decide form there....nice to have a few alternatives to view and understand the advantages and disadvantes of each.

thanks agian.

Very much appreicated

sants

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sheraton resort

hi all, thanks for oyur updates....I have thought about going to the Sheraton and looking to book shortly. however, a quick question.....Is anyone aware of any returning guests to the Sheraton getting some discount on food and drinks at the hotel?

I thought there was a 20 or 25% discount, however, not definite in terms of whether this is correct or not...can anyone please advise accordingly before I make the booking please? This was one of the reasons I was thinking of booking the sheraton as there food is lovely and as a returning guest I would definitely like to take advantage of the discount....many thanks in advance for your responses.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sheraton resort

Unless anyone knows of this I think you need to check with them direct.

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sheraton resort

Lovely. Thanks for your help. Will try and see if I can get an answer from the hotel. Thanks again. Kind regards

6. Re: sheraton resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 25, 2013