We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insects at night...

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Insects at night...

Hi, we are planning to rent a villa in the Hua Hin area in June and I'm wondering if it will be ok to sit out in the evening? The main reason I'm asking is I'm trying to decide between two villas, one in Khao Kalok which has a large outdoor gazeebo and dining area with gas BBQ / oven and other comfy seating area outside. The other is on the outskirts of Hua Hin (we plan to hire a car) and while it also has a private pool and large gardens it doesn't really have much outdoor living space. As we have never been to Thailnd before we are not sure what to expect... any information will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edinburgh Scotland
Level Contributor
872 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Insects at night...

I didn't bother with any repellant when I was there in June and didn't get one single bite!

Manchester
Level Contributor
549 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Insects at night...

tag 420 Yes,they are actually really good and they do a creamy liquid version,which enables a more even coverage..there's a peach one to .Sketolene.they sell it in all the 7/11's

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Insects at night...

uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index…

Manchester
Level Contributor
549 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Insects at night...

Hi got back from another great trip a couple of weeks ago,but encountered something we had not experienced before.Decided to spend some time on the army base beach,so lovely compared to the main drag...we got deck chairs and I had a pool towel with me.After a lovely walk and gorgeous meal at the cafe...how do they keep their price so low,in such a great setting? we went back to our deckchairs and for a while I enjoyed a snooze on my towel.In the morning,I woke to discover 52 bites,apparantley Sand fly bites!!! They were horrible,much worse than mosquito.A friend told me, because there had been a lot of rain ,actually rained for 2 days as we arrived in November,it was the breeding time for them!!! Now we have been bitten,the antibodies we form to fight off the protein they leave,should stop us getting so badly affected again.I wont be taking any risks!!! strong deet for me,day and night.3 weeks later they are still very visible but have at least stopped that terrible itching!!! Hua Hin still great and still love that beach,sandflies and all!!!!

25. Re: Insects at night...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin