We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin, Pattaya or Cha Am

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hua Hin, Pattaya or Cha Am

Hi everyone,

We are looking for somewhere to go on out Honeymoon in November this year ' we're thinking 3 night in Hong Kong, 3 nights in Bangkok following by a week at a beach resort.

I don't really know that much about Thailand, but I was wondering what beach resorts people would recommend. We're looking to relax, but we still want there to be things to do, nightlife, places to visit etc ...

Thanks for your help!

London
Level Contributor
750 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hua Hin, Pattaya or Cha Am

Another shout for HH. Cha-Am although beautiful is too remote unless you want to be hotel-bound. And although close to HH I don't think its close enough to be able to scoot back and forwards from for evening meals, drinks etc

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hua Hin, Pattaya or Cha Am

my 2 cents worth , Hong Kong is a hole, friends live there as one is a cathay pilot, we visited once, couldn't wait to leave,certainly not a place I would go to for a honeymoon, Have you considered Chiang Mai, that place is nice

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hua Hin, Pattaya or Cha Am

Hia Hin isby far the best option. As other posters have said you're close to Cha Am which IMHO would be too quiet for a younger couple (fine for 50 somethings like me and hubby) HUa HIn just offers a bit more, nightlife, markets amd lovely beaches and shopping. It will be our 3rd visit to BKK and HH this year so I guess that should say something of how much we love it. We are booked to stay at the Cape Nidhra HH, from the reviews it looks pretty good might be worth checking out.

Happy happy honeymoon.

Manchester
Level Contributor
538 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hua Hin, Pattaya or Cha Am

Got back from our annual trip a couple of weeks ago.For the first time,we visited Pattaya for 2 nights,just to see friends who were there for a couple of days,as I had never thought it would suit us.I have often seen questions on which resort is better,but haven't been able to comment before.We stayed at The Mercure,Central Pattaya,one street back from the front and down a quiet soi.Very nice hotel,but I am glad we were only staying 2 nights.Maybe there are nicer areas,but 10 years ago,if I had gone there on holiday,instead of Hua Hin,I might never have returned to Thailand.But Pattaya was packed,so I guess lots of people like it,each to it's own.The only good thing about it,was a lovely sunset over the sea!!!!Wonder where Rainmakers went?????

15. Re: Hua Hin, Pattaya or Cha Am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin