We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Kwai Taxis

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
River Kwai Taxis

We are planning on going to the River Kwai in a couple of days time and staying for a few days. How much are we expecting to pay via taxi or is it best to go via train?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River Kwai Taxis

I think there is only one train a day and you have to change along the way, taxi should be less than 3 hours, rough price I should guess around B 2,500, ask the drivers around the Hua Hin temple near Starbucks.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: River Kwai Taxis

Train service would be cheaper but a taxi/car from bangkok is about 1500 baht. If you are tall and don't mind pulling your luggage then I would suggest the train, you will see parts of Thailand that most tourists don't normally see.

Enjoy your Trip

Bangkok
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: River Kwai Taxis

By train from Hua Hin you can take the EXP. 36 departing from Hua Hin at 05.44 morning and arrival at Nakhon Pathom at 08.17 hrs. Than take the 257 at Nakhon Pathom departing at 08.49 with arrival time in Kanchanaburi (River Kwai Bridge) at 10.36 hrs.

But keep in mind, trainschedules can change so just re-check at Hua Hin station a day or so before departure.

Steve

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River Kwai Taxis

You can also check with the tour companies as they often have spare seats for their day trips and will be glad to take you as a 'one way' for quit a reasonable fare.