We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi BKK airport to Huahin

Japan
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxi BKK airport to Huahin

I am going to Huahin on 8 Oct this week end.

I read the informetion about taxi price,1500THB.

this time I'd like to know how to get a taxi at BKK airport.

Do we need the booking?

If so, tell???me where to.

or do we need the negotiation at the airport?

hope I can get this informeton asap, thank you!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi BKK airport to Huahin

The taxi counter is outside after customs, I think it is about 1,600 now as fuel has increased, I recommend to take the limousine service, 2,850 as it is more comfortable with Toyota Cressida sedans, the Bangkok taxis are Corolla size. No booking is necessary for either taxi or limo.

Sunderland UK
Level Contributor
81 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi BKK airport to Huahin

Hello

Its probably best to organise a limo and be picked up at the airport.

Asiatravel.com do a good service.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi BKK airport to Huahin

Note tghat if you arrange with a company outside of the airport limo service drivers have to wait in the greeting area and often the cars are parked in the parking lots, whereas if you use the service from the Limo counter the drivers are 'there' and they take you straight to the limos which are parked kerbside. I have never ever booked another service, using the airport limo counter is just so 'fast'.

singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi BKK airport to Huahin

Hi Monica,

Think its good to have people like you in this forum who can give great advice! Can I check with you how much is the current price of:

1) transfer from bangkok airport to huahin (inclusive of tax & tolls if any)?

2) transfer from huahin back to bangkok city (again inclusive of tax & tolls if any)?

By the way, What is your personal recommendation of transfer from bangkok to huahin? Train, filght, taxi, limo, bus etc...??

Where do I book the transfer at bangkok airport and at huahin? Is the price fixed or do we have to negotiate the price? Many thanks in advance!!!

Sunderland UK
Level Contributor
81 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi BKK airport to Huahin

Hello

It cost me 1800 B from Hua Hin to BKK airport just a few weeks ago.

There are loads of people offering taxi sevices in Hua Hin, just take your pick.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi BKK airport to Huahin

Just as Billydwarf has said, taxi is now about B 1,800 plus 40 for the tolls, unless you are on a tight budget I would take the limo service, not necessary to book as they are open 24 hours and no bookings are required or necessary.

The price is about B 2,850 for a Toyota Cressida sedan, that is about USD 70, a very comfortable ride, the normal taxis are Coroolas!! So you can appreciate the difference in comfort. Give the driver B 40 ( same as USD 1 but he needs Thai baht ) for the expressway toll. So you can appreciate the difference in comfort. These you can also arrange if traveling from a bangkok hotel, just ask the concierge the nigth before.

Return from Hua Hin large sedans and station wagons, you find them parked along the main phetchkassem Road, about B 1,600-1,800, arrange with then perhaps 2 days in advance.

The flight sre just 4 times a day, it is s single engine 12 seater Cessna, because of the time to check in, flight, taxi at other end not really worth it, fare for 1 passanger is more than for a whole Limo!

Trains not worth the time, takes at least 4 hours and you have to get to the station first anyway.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi BKK airport to Huahin

Limo fares fixed also if you take taxi from taxi counter fixed, from Hua Hin to Bangkok you will find that the local driver community tend to keep to the same fare.

singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi BKK airport to Huahin

Billydwarf & Monica,

Thanks for your info, that really helps! Also heard from elsewhere that taking bus (air-conditioned type with comfortable seats, more like a coach) from bangkok to huahin is really cheap and comfortable, any comments or advice on this?

I'm thinking of staying at Aleenta in Pranburi but the price is almost DOUBLE of tanao sri and both looks good to me (but Aleenta definitely looks better), any comments on this 2 resorts?

By the way, is there any activities to do at pranburi? Or is it more recommended to stay at huahin for more activities (eg. night market)? If stay at huahin, is marriot a good choice for a resort style of hotel?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi BKK airport to Huahin

Pranburi is a good 30 km south of Hua Hin, Aleenta, Purimuntra, Evason are in that area, it is real quiet, and I mean 'real quiet', unless you want to be somethwere that has just relaxation you should considor being in Hua hin area itself.

Although you can travel between the 2 Pranburi offers no shopping, markets or such at all. Lots of these are expensive and you pay a lot for drinks and meals. Though the Aleenta is very nice is you really want to get away from it all.

For accommodation, from the places you mention I would look at these, now these are about 5-7 minutes by tuk tuk from the night market and shopping etc and are all on the beach and way cheaper than what you were looking at:

Kaban Tamor and S'Mor Spa

Baan Talay Dao

these 2 are both small boutique style places, perhaps 30 rooms each.

Wora Bura resort and Spa, also on the beach, larger place in old fashioned style but absolutely new, I have not stayed yet as it was still being fiinished but what I saw when the had the main buildings done it is very 'Raffles' and stlish on the beach.

Another Raffles styled place is the Sofitel, right on the beach but backs onto the town center so you walk straight into restaurant and shopping areas.

If you want an up style resort the Hyatt Regency resort is great, very large gardens and large pools, on the beach, 5-6 minutes by tuk tuk from center.

www.huahin.20m.com

If you want comfortable smaller place the Kaban tamor or Baan Talay Dao would probably suit you, Kaban Tamor has stylish rooms, for a larger resort Wora Bura or Hyatt Regency, for large stylsih place in town the Sofitel. North of town where beach not so good is Anantara resort, you can see all the photos of those places plus where they are and room pictures on this local site: If you want a spa on site Kaban Tamor, Hyatt, Sofitel, Wora Bura, Anantara etc.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi BKK airport to Huahin

Unless you are on a tight budget I would not bother with the bus, if you are arriving at the airport you would have to take a long taxi ride to the bus station, wait for next bus, then once in Hua hin tuk-tuk or taxi to your hotel, you might save a little but I honestly don't think it's worth it.