We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hua hin and Pranburi

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
509 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
hua hin and Pranburi

Can anyone give me some information about these places please as I was told these places have the least rain in September, which would be the best to go to or could we spend a bit of time in each after spending a few days in bangkok

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hua hin and Pranburi

Hua Hin is about 180 km ( or 120 miles ) from Bangkok, it takes just over 2 hours by limo or taxi. The main town of Hua hin is a busy town in it's own right, lots of restaurants, nigth markets, seafood restaurants over the water, fishing pier, other restaurants, old style Thai houses, plus enough bars and shows to keep most happy.

The beach areas stretch about 5 km ( 3 miles ) from the center of town south along a long wide beach. There are also beaches going north with many good resorts as far as Cha Am ( about 20 km / 14 miles north ).

Pranburi is another 20 Kms south of Hua Hin and is a very small provincial town, but in that area another 10-15 kms is the pranburi beach area where you have famous places like the Evason, Purimuntra, Aleenta etc. It is not worth staying in both as the journey time from the center of Hua hin to one of the Pranburi resorts is about 30 minutes. Along the pranburi coast aprt from the resorts and a few local eateries and the occassional local shop nothing else, but it is close to the National Park and wetlands.

There are busy beach areas of Hua hin and also quiet beach areas. It is a very dry area, in Sptember perhaps average of 3 inches of rain, that compares with about 12 for Bangkok, 10 for chiang Mai, 8 for Samui or about 16 for Phuket. You may get some rain and showers but for September you should be fine weatherwise.

Resorts/accommodation for air conditioned range from about USD 15/20 up to over USD 1,000. So you have a wide choice.

pranburi is very very quiet but at the same time you can find places closer that are equaly as quiet such as the Anantara, Dusit, Hyatt Regency etc, but if you are wanting very quiet and romeote the Evason, Evason Hideaway ( Pool Villas ) range from about USD 80 to USD 400

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hua hin and Pranburi

Tend to disagree with the suggestion that Hua Hin is better. I guess it's personal point of view, but to me, I prefer quiet pristine beach where I can open my doors and windows and directly be on the beach. Aleenta offers this option where big hotels in Hua Hin or other places cannot. Hua Hin beach to me is too crowded and actually full of people selling things and even at times you may get sad looking horses jumping over you, not to mention stray dogs. I prefer Pranburi by a million times. Quiet, seclude, you have the beach all to yourself. Try Tai Chi practice at sun rise!