We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A.T.M / Cash point Machines

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
A.T.M / Cash point Machines

Can anyone advise if these machines are available and easy to use in Hua Hin.

I prefer just to get cash out as i need rather than travelling with loads of Travellers cheques and money etc.

If not should i take UK pounds or Cheques and change my money in Bangkok,Hua Hin or just do everything back in the UK.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A.T.M / Cash point Machines

Do not change any money before arriving as you will gert better exchange rate in Thailand ( for an English pound about 74 baht for 1 pound )

Some traveller checks are good to keep in reserve.

ATM machines plentiful in Hua Hin no problem. Outside banks and 7-11 stores and at ATM booths.

You can change some cash at Bangkok Airport easily right after customs.

Do not restict yourself to one card, a popular tip is to have 2 or even 3 in case one suddenly doesn't work or the mag stipe gets damaged. If you only have 1 then ask your bank for another and tell them it's a back-up as you are traveling and they should gladly give you a spare. Keep 1 card in hotel safe and 1 with you, your partner should do the same.

Another tip I learnt is 'do' write down those numbers they give you to report lost cards, many of us forget to keep a note of those numbers.

Leicester
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A.T.M / Cash point Machines

Be aware though that being from the UK you will incur heavy bank charges for using a ATM in Thailand. We just took pounds and changed them there. The banks are good and easy and even open on sundays. Take your credit card and switch for larger purchers / hotel bills

Sunderland UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A.T.M / Cash point Machines

Thanks to you all

Good advice which I shall take.

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin