We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin by Train

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hua Hin by Train

Would like to travel to Hua Hin from Bangkok by train in early September.

Any does or donts and will it be more scenic than in a car

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hua Hin by Train

The journey takes about 4 hours, if you like train travel and enjoy it then fine but don't do it for speed as a taxi/limo does it in about 2 and a half hours and the express buses in about 3 hours.

The best trains leave around 2 pm getting into Hua hin a little after 6 pm, many of these have 1st class also though a/c 2nd class is fine, again, if you enjoy train travel you will enjoy the trip but don't use if you just want speed and comofrt.

The Hua hin railway Station is one of the most photographed rail stations in Asia, rickshaws and tuks tuks are there to ride you down the palm tree boulevard into town, a few hundred yards/meters.

Sunderland UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hua Hin by Train

Monica

Many thanks,we just want to admire the scenery

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hua Hin by Train

I suggest when in Bangkok see your hotel concierge and ask him to book the train tickets, as he will send someone I would 'tip' about B 200 (USD5) for the service, easier then going to the station yourself the day before.

Sunderland UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hua Hin by Train

Monica 4

You are a star, I would never have thought of that in a hundred years.

Thanks again.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
420 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hua Hin by Train

That's the best suggestion!!!

Take that advice, it save you times and worry.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hua Hin by Train

There is also an air service, not cheap, about USD 135 return, operates 4 times a day, takes about 40 minutes, it's a single engine Cessna operated by SGA Aero, just 12 seats, it flies low so apparently ( although I have not used myself ) the views are excellent. Actually it does not save any time because a taxi or limo from your Bangkok hotel to your Hua Hin hotel will probably get you there as quick or fast that taking a trip to Bangkok Airport, check in, flight and taxi at the other end, however, for scenary if you think of it as a bit of a sightseing flight then maybe worth looking into.

Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin