We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

Hi Guys

can anyone recommend a decent reliable & reasonably priced company with good cars to whisk us safely & comfortably to Hua Hin after our long flight .

Help Please !!

HK
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

Just returned and can highly recomment Mr Roong at - send him and email at: roongsayam@hotmail.com. Or if in a rush call him at (+66)0811915017. Tell him Walker recommended him. Cost BHT4000 for 2 people in Corolla/Camray - very reliable. Enjoy your holiday.

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

Just did that trip courtesy of our tour operator (Virgin) and I do not recommend it! A hot 3+ hour drive is no fun after an 11 hour flight from UK. Flight from Bangkok to Hua Hin is 30 minutes or there is a train!

HK
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

Fair enough. But remember if you want to fly to Hua Hin you'vr got to get all the way to the old airport before you can fly. Train is OK but I think you've got to go into Bangkok to get it. We found the car trip fine even after a long flight. To each her own.

London, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

4000THB seems very expensive for a driver,

I would recommend Mr Nirat (nickname = Nick) - his number is +66818315671. Last year it cost 1,500THB to get from BKK to Petchaburi, but that was before the hike in petrol prices. We have used him quite a few times over the past few years - he is a very safe driver

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

With all due respect to Lou, Petchaburi is some 60+ kilometres and about an hours drive away from Hua Hin and fuel prices have rocketed a bit from last year, please be practical.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,081 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

<<But remember if you want to fly to Hua Hin you'vr got to get all the way to the old airport before you can fly.>>

This is incorrect.

The SGA flights to Hua Hin take off from Suvarnabhumi, the not-anymore-so-new airport. http://www.sga.co.th/main/index.php

Personally, I'd never spend 4000 baht on a drive to Hua Hin. I'd grab a taxi to Victory Monument (200 baht) and then take an air-conditioned van (aka minibus) to Hua Hin (180 baht). They leave every half hour or so from in front of Ratchawitee Hospital and take 2.5 hours. The vans are comfortable and fast.

Typically, the vans look like this:

http://tinyurl.com/5t9le8

http://tinyurl.com/63fnrc

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

Thanks Guys for your varied comments think will just get my hotels BMW at 6000 BHT no messing around & hopefully a comfortable trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

Yes I did mention prices have 'rocketed'

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,081 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

I'll stick with my 180 baht vans.

London, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin Taxi !!

Bill2p - couldn't agree more!