We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to hmfc,ref taylors

rochester
Level Contributor
515 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
to hmfc,ref taylors

hi hmfc,

read your message about your suits.We will be out there in August and thought I would treat hubby for his birthday.Could you give me some prices and did you think they were good quality.Also where did you stay,we are staying at the Hilton this time(Anantara 2yrs ago)thankyou,

Chris.

Mentioned in this post
Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Anantara Hua Hin Resort
2,978 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to hmfc,ref taylors

Hi Chris

I had two completely different experiences when shopping for my suit, I was told that there are in excess of 80 tailors in Hua Hin and as you can imagine the quality differs greatly

The first suit I had made looked fine when I picked it up but on later inspection you could tell that the quality was not actually very good, I was not going to buy a second suit but got talking to the guys at Hollywood who were very professional, this is a busy wee shop and I was shown `work in progress' and the quality was brilliant, it actually took 4 fittings before the shop were satisfied that everything was perfect, they have little touched like embroidering your name on the inside pocket, they offered to rectify the 'faults' on my first suit along with the poor stitching on my wifes dress, which they have free of charge

As for costs, the first suit cost me 6300 Baht which was for the suit an extra pair of trousers, two shirts and a 'free' tie

The second far superior suit cost me 6,500 Baht for the suit and just an extra pair of trousers (all fully lined)which I am VERY satisfied with

I'll let you guess which one gave the best value....

Cheers

Gary

If you go to Hollywood ask for Myo, he will look after you and might even buy you a beer !!!!

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
rochester
Level Contributor
515 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to hmfc,ref taylors

Hi Gary,

thanks for all the info,looks like we will definatly give Hollywood a look.Will tell Myo you reccomended him,specially if we get a free beer out of him,lol.

Thanks again,Chris.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to hmfc,ref taylors

I was in Hua-Hin last October and got a suit made in Picasso . Think they have 3 shops for fittings etc but suit made in same factory/workshop. I find the quality of my suit to be excellent both finish/workmanship and material. I cant remember the price though ...

They also made a dress for my wife from a picture in a magazine she picked up at Dublin Airport and it really really 1st rate.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
4. Re: to hmfc,ref taylors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, October 05, 2009