We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are tailored suits good quality

Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Are tailored suits good quality

Hi

Just wondering has any one got suits or dresses made in Hua Hin?If so were they good quality and what was the cost we are travelling in july would really appreciate any advice.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
cheshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are tailored suits good quality

my husband had a suit made at the tailors inside the Hilton hotel, brilliant quality cost about £180.00 but we did pick a more expensive fabric and had a waistcoat made... took about 3days i think... there are lots of tailors in hua hin mainly indian people hassiling you, but the guy in the Hilton was great and we went to him out of recomendation ... we did get some linen pants etc made by some of the shops on the street

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are tailored suits good quality

Jayo its all about the material and design that you want as the tailor shops don't necessarily make the suits. There are loads of shops in town but most fabric is taken oss site to be made up.

2 years ago I got 2 suits and 2 shirts from La Mode (turn right out of Hilton) and the are still in excellent shape. Total cost was £180. Enjoy Hua Hin you'll have a great time. Jim

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are tailored suits good quality

Thanks for the feed back guys much appreciated.

Looking forward to going any other tips?

cheshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are tailored suits good quality

yes we got told about a fantastic thai restaruant called suppadre i think thats how you spell it, get a tuk tuk there cost about 300baht each way ,but a real treat.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are tailored suits good quality

Hi

I got 2 dreses made last November when we were there, in the tailors in the side street opposite Hua Hin, (could find out the exact name if you wanted)they are satin and cost about £85.00 and they are fab was really pleased with them and still am, we have just booked again to go in October and I definatley will be getting more.

Georgina

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are tailored suits good quality

Thanks Geaorgina

It would be great if you could get the name of the tailors for me.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are tailored suits good quality

Both visits to HH I've had things made by Milano. I had a sports jacket and 2 piece suit made for about £130

You may get cheaper elsewhere but the quality can't be guaranteed. This place comes highly recommended.

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are tailored suits good quality

I have just had two suits made in two separate tailors in Hua Hin and the quality differed greatly between the two, having visited a number of shops I would highly recommend that you visit Hollywood Tailors (opposite the Hua Hin Golf Centre)in Soi Selakam which is the first street to the right coming out of the Hilton.

The staff here were brilliant and they go out of their way to ensure that you are buying the outfit to suit your exact specifications and not just a high pressured sale, the quality on the suit I had made here was quite simply superb, they even rectified the poor quality hems on my trousers from the first tailors along with fixing my wifes dress from the first shop.

If you are in the market for a suit, I would really give some consideration to this shop, they will show you examples of work that they are currently making so as you can examine the quality and not just look at an example from a tailors dummy in the window.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are tailored suits good quality

Thanks for that,We are travelling on tuesday cant wait.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are tailored suits good quality

I have already posted this to another thread so apologies in advance for any clutter

I was in Hua-Hin last October and got a suit made in Picasso . Think they have 3 shops for fittings etc but suit made in same factory/workshop. I find the quality of my suit to be excellent both finish/workmanship and material. I cant remember the price though ...

They also made a dress for my wife from a picture in a magazine she picked up at Dublin Airport and it really really 1st rate.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin