We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child Friendly Bars ?

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Child Friendly Bars ?

Hi all

Due to visit Hua Hin the first two weeks in July with my wife and 9 year old son (staying in the Hilton)

Could anybody advice if there are bars that welcome families ? it's just that I have been adviced that Thai bars prefer (Ahem !!) a different kind of clientele....

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child Friendly Bars ?

There are plenty of non-naughty bars. However you should be aware that the law is no-one under 20 can enter a bar. The licensee can lose his license if the police visit. In Bangkok this is strictly enforced but I'm not sure of the situation in Huahin.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
New Iberia,
Level Contributor
191 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child Friendly Bars ?

Try the Buffalo Tavern turn right out of the Hilton about a 5 minute walk towards the old fishing pier there are children in there nearly every time I go in there the owners have 2 kids. Check it out on the net, www.buffalobillshuahin.com

rochester
Level Contributor
515 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child Friendly Bars ?

Hi hmfc1874,

we were in Hua Hin 2yrs ago and there were kids in most of the bars we went to.The girls in the bars are great with the kids,giving them games to play with,like connect four,cards,puzzles,pool tables,tv,it seemed very family friendly.

We are going back this August,staying for the first time at the Hilton,so let us know what you think of the hotel.Mind you whatever its like we will still be going,lol:).

Chris.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
sheffield
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Child Friendly Bars ?

We were in Hua Hin for the New Year. All the bars were great for children ( I have a girl of 13 and a boy of 10) The Thai girls would play pool with my son and bring out puzzles or connect four. I would say that after say 11.30/ midnight things do start to change a little but we were ready for home by that time anyway. I can honestly say that all the fears I had before visiting Thailand were unfounded and we are hoping to go back next Easter.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Child Friendly Bars ?

Hi there,

I would agree with the other replies to your post. Hua Hin is not like the other Thai beach resorts such Phuket, Pattaya etc. HH is more laid back and not as lively and therefore makes for a more family orientated resort. We went back to HH in September/October 2007 having honeymooned there the previous year. We raved about Thailand so much to our friends that we ended up all going out together and stayed at the Hilton. Our friends have 2 small children who at the time were 7 months and 6 years old and we had mo problems whatsoever in any of the bars that we wanted to eat or drink in. The Thai people absolutely adore children and will definately make a fuss of your son. I would recommend Jungle Juice Bar (come out of the Hilton turn right and walk about 50 feet before turning left onto Salakem Road and its on your left). Dave the owner is English and a great guy. All the girls who work in the bar are absolutely lovely and will make you all feel very welcome)

Regards

Scooby

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Child Friendly Bars ?

Dear All

Thanks for taking the time to respond, it has put my mind at rest, I'm not looking for a wild time, just somewhere to chill out with a cold beer, will certainly give the Jungle Juice Bar a try !!

Only 42 Days to go, well it sounds better than SIX weeks.....

7. Re: Child Friendly Bars ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 25, 2009