We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places to eat in Hua Hin

United Kingdown
1 post
Save Topic
best places to eat in Hua Hin

I am travelling to Hua Hin in August 05 staying at the Anatara Resort, can anyone give me some information on the best places to eat, and the average costs of eating in Hua Hin town and at the hotel. Travelling with two people who are not lovers of sea food, yet love Italian (any suggestions). Also has anyone got any specific tips of suggestions that we might need to know, as it is our first time to thailand.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best places to eat in Hua Hin

Pity about the seafood as there are some excellent restaurants, if you want Euro style seafood you could try Fisherman's Wharf and the Oyster Pot.

For Italian 'La Villa' is very famous near the City Beach Hotel, also same area very good Italian is 'La Grappa', a little out of the centre on the left past the Marriott is the 'Pasta Factory', also good.

Rough budget at Italian places allow USD 10-15 per person, at Brasserie de Paris allow about USD 15 ++per person. This in general much more than at Thai restaurants, but quite reasonable. House wine per glass runs at around USD 3-4. Ber about USD 1 to 1.50, Gin and Tonic USD 2.50-3, Cola USD 50 - 75 cents.

For top French cuisine 'Brasserie de Paris' where you can enjoy the view over the water, down by the fishing piers, same area is 'Matisse Grill' also French cuisine.

There are also naturally many Thai restaurants, Indian, Chinese and Japanese.

You will find Hua hin very tame, not brash, very relaxed and easy to walk around in the evenings. You have shuttle from Anantara but local taxi or tuk-tuk will take you back for between USD 2.50 and USD 3.90 ( B 100 - B 150 )

To give tips for things to do we need to know what you are looking for, you can take a day trip to the brisge on the River Kwai or a day trip to snorkel at Bang Saphan and Koh talu, also lots of local tours and trip.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best places to eat in Hua Hin

You can see some other restauran tips, I forget Amadeus which is Australian and very nice food, also on the street along by the fishing piers, also for some Thai restaurants and some pictures of Hua hin town center at night:

…20m.com/hua_hin_restaurants.html

Plymouth
Level Contributor
39 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best places to eat in Hua Hin

I stayed at the Dusit Hotel (about 1/2 way between Hua Hin and Cha Am) 2 years ago. The italian restaurant in the Dusit is fantastic, the food is great and it's priced at around £15 per person (expensive for Thailand but cheap for a comparable meal at home!). It's a way out of town but I'd say it's worth a taxi ride.

Leicester
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best places to eat in Hua Hin

Just come back on tuesday from 10 nights at the anantara. The hotel has some amazing restraunts including the best italian i have ever been to (and been to a few very expensive ones in london). The hotel is amazing you will have a great time, dont worry to much about the food as there are lots of restraunts around town and most do none sea food dishes. Just be aware that eating in the hotel is very expensive compared to town. Dont bother going to the elephant village, monkey mountain is a good day out, you can easily get to the floating market from Hua Hin. The hotel is about 5 Km from town but there is a regular free shuttle bus. We loved Hua Hin and the hotel the only down side is that the beach isnt brilliant, though head to the far side of the monkey mountain and it is better

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best places to eat in Hua Hin

Ah so you went to the 'far side' of Monkey Mountain ( Khao Takiab ), that's where I always stay when in Hua Hin.

Which town restaurants did you get to?

Leicester
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: best places to eat in Hua Hin

Hi Monica

Went to Choa Lay and oyster .... (cant remember the full name) also went to a place near the clock tower a few times that was very basic and gave you pots on little charcoal burners on your table and you cooked your own food, also went to the weekend night market and had a meal there. All the food was excellent. By the way i did as promised and took a load of food to the nuns at monkey mountain for the dogs. Didnt think much of the Hilton nightclub but loved the lady boy cabaret at the blue angel