We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help hua hin - weather - eating

edinburgh
2 posts
Save Topic
help hua hin - weather - eating

hi

i have been offered 3 nights in bankok then 10 in hua hin first 2 weeks in sep

1) weather - tan or not???

2) food - my friend is so fussy - she likes plain steaks & fries & chicken/chicken goujons & omelettes - very adventurous - so will she get this in hua hin

3) mcdonalds - is there one?

4) pubs - any irish type ones?? - all in hotels or streets?

5) is it cheap in hua hin

sorry so many questions but hoping someone can help!!!!!

Adlington, United...
Level Contributor
504 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help hua hin - weather - eating

Hi I was in Hua Hin last september the weather was very hot it rained at tea time for about 30 to 60 mins but that was all.

You can get plain food what ever you want to eat there is a great choice.

There is an irish pub and a few english bars.

It is great value for money.

There is also a great english chippy.

S yorks
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help hua hin - weather - eating

How sad - going all that way to look for England!

The weather is fine, if you do get a shower it is over with very fast - but it's still warm not like over here. You should tan

There are steak house's and I think there is a Chicken shop that does - well every thing with chicken not far from the station.

Mcdonalds don't know never looked for one sorry. Starbucks and a few other places you will find here.

Pubs, there are a few Irish types.

Hua Hin is cheap just compair it to ours and it looks very cheap.

Hope this helps, have a great time

Pam

edinburgh
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help hua hin - weather - eating

thanks for both of above - been great help also found someone in my work who has been too & recommended hua hin hilton

i am usually usa person & carribean but want a change and always fancied far east but my friend the fussy one she is a nightmare eating - knew there had to be places plus room service will cater for any needs !!!

thinking about bangkok for 3 days then 10 days in hua hin - also considering pattaya but think it may be too busy after bangkok???

thanks again

S yorks
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help hua hin - weather - eating

Hope you both have a great time, it is lovely. We are going to Hua Hin in September but we are going straight down to Hua Hin and doing Bangkok on the way back up, So 10 nights in Hua Hin then 3 nights in Bangkok.

Cant wait I love the place and the people. Make sure you go to the night market, it's a nice place to finish off your day.

Pam

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help hua hin - weather - eating

Cocktailchick you will find every kind of food that you would wish to eat.There is McDonalds,Burger King,KFC, Subway plus Haagen Daz ice cream.There is also a Tesco store for all your needs.

Please try to sample as much Thai food as you can. It is really cheap and I guarantee that you'll love it.

We have been to Hua Hin twice and ate at roadside kiosks and in the market and never once got a dodgy tummy.

Be Brave Jim

6. Re: help hua hin - weather - eating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 08, 2009