We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early November - avoid rain - where to go (Hua Hin or Phuket

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
24 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Early November - avoid rain - where to go (Hua Hin or Phuket

Understood that rainy season officially ends by October, but seems that it can take longer in Phuket.

We planned our holiday the first two weeks of November and wonder whether we should be better off in Phuket or Hua Hin, if we want to avoid the rain.

Does anybody have any weather wisdom to share with us, if we either Hua Hin or Phuket will have less chance of the last rain...?

washington
Level Contributor
187 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early November - avoid rain - where to go (Hua Hin or Phuket

Hi mozbob,

how funny i am also going to thailand in november and will visit both hua hin and krabi (near phuket). Also hoping for no rain!

In november , Hua hin will have less chance of last rain, that's for sure. I've been to hua hin many times and several times to Phuket. Hua hin is wonderful beach town and actually it has very nice weather in november, little to no rain and cooler. However, water color in phuket and nearby islands scenery are spectacular.

It would be perfect if you can combine both trips. You have two weeks so it's very doable. it's quite a lot of moving (I guess you already have at least few cities to visit) but in case it rains, you could say you had perfect weather vacation in hua hin but didn't miss a thing in phuket :)

Perth
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early November - avoid rain - where to go (Hua Hin or Phuket

Hua Hin actually has the lowest rainfall for all of Thailand

bangkok
Level Contributor
312 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Early November - avoid rain - where to go (Hua Hin or Phuket

I recommend Hua Hin,your period on rainy season in Thailand.Hua Hin is lowest rainy.If which date you get some monsoon that not good.I hope you will get a chance for your holiday.

4. Re: Early November - avoid rain - where to go (Hua Hin or Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin