We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Ananatar Resort & flights

UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Booking Ananatar Resort & flights

Hi,

I have finally decided that I'm going to stay in the Ananatara Spa resort in September.. Been such a hard choice deciding but it really does look breathtaking.

From reading reviews it sounds like the Lagoon room is the better option and the hotels website is showing a price of $170 per night. I've checked some websites which are coming in cheaper but none of them have the Lagoon room option. It also quotes breakfast at $176 for 10 days and a airport transfer of $170. Do these prices seem ok? Does anyone know of a website which gives better deals?

Also, the cheapest flight I've found if I book seperately is around £300 from London which I'm thinking is a good price??

Lastly I've been reading it's expensive in the hotels and was just wondering what is meant by expensive. Can anyone tell me roughly how much drinks, meals, spa treatments would cost.

Is it much cheaper outside the hotels?

Thanks,

UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Ananatar Resort & flights

Meant Anatara resort spa.

Thanks,

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Ananatar Resort & flights

Ananatara rates if you are using US$ for rates should go from about US$ 150 including tax, service and breakfast for 2 persons, deluxe about $ 174, lagoon rooms $244, but rates do vary, but those do include breakfast(!) , as far as transfers are concerned going rate is about US$ 58-73 each way at the current exchange.

Hotels like the Anantara will add 17% tax and service to 'everything', drinks, snacks, spa etc etc.

Others can tell you exact drink prices but at a 4 star recently I paid close on B 100 for a Cola that even in a decent restaurant should only be B 30, and would be B 20/10 at cheaper places, so yes, when you stay in lux resorts and buy a drink you are paying well over what you would outside, same goes for spas, certainly the spas are lovely and worth perhaps a treat but you can find much cheaper at the other day spas, but probably not as luxurious as you would find at the luxury resort spas themselves.

liverpool
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Ananatar Resort & flights

Try airline network for a room price. We paid about £629 each for 7 nights including flight with qatar from manchester for a garden view room. They will quote you for a lagoon room separately if you wish. We have arranged our own transfer using Mr Roong as reccommended on this forum. we agreed on 2000 baht from bangkok to anantara.

We leave on Sunday, I can wait.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Ananatar Resort & flights

Just returned from three nights at the Anantara as a quick getaway from a week in Bangkok post other Asia work travel. That's what I paid for the lagoon room and it is worth it. I travel a lot and stay in high end properties and while this is not The Peninsula in Bangkok, I think it is very nice and the best of choices for Hua Hin. I had considered the Sofitel too and checked it out while there and am glad I chose the Anantara. Spa treatments are about what you'd pay at US spas but they run deals and I got a one hour Thai massage for about $65 US. Others liked the beach massages for 300 Bhat on the beach but I perferred the serenity and cleanliness of the spa. I did get foot massages in town for 200 Bhat for an hour and it was more like a full leg massage. The food is super cheap in town and it costs almost nothing (150 Bhat) for a cab that takes 5 minutes into town. Get the breakfast and eat in the restaurant under the lobby and not on the beach if you don't want room service.

The only negatives which weren't a huge deal ... lagoon pool needs new towels at the pool; they are quite worn, slightly more attentive poolside attendant - not always present when you want a drink or order lunch; take mosquito repellant as you'll need once it gets dark.

Once you get used to the fact that only your room, the resort Italian restaurant (expensive but worth it) and the spa have air conditioning, you'll be happy you chose this Thai style resort. It's a treat and just a lovely vacation. Crowd at the lagoon pool is great and a lot of fun to have happy hour with at night.

Enjoy and email if have specific questions.

UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Ananatar Resort & flights

Hi,

Thanks everyone. I booked my holiday yesterday and am so excited. Staying in a Lagoon room as I decided it was defiantely worth the bit extra. Going to book the 7 day spa journey which sounds wonderful. If anyone's had it before please let me know how good it is.

I ended up using TropicalDeals who are shown on this website and got a great deal, beat all the others, this even included 2 nights in a 4* in Bangkok. Surprisingly it was actually cheaper to book through them than to book it all individually.

Thanks for all your help. Counting the days already :)

Louisa

6. Re: Booking Ananatar Resort & flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 04, 2009