We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from pattaya to hua hin

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from pattaya to hua hin

Hi I am going to the dusit in pattya for 1 week but would like to split my holiday and go to the dusit in hua hin for another week. What would be the best way to get there and what should i expect to pay or would the transfer be too long.

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from pattaya to hua hin

It shouldn't be too long - I'd guess at 5 hours.

There are minibus transfers between the two. Ask in Pattaya.

I don't know about cost though.

Your hotel should be able to tell you through their travel desk.

There are probably buses from Sukhumvit or 3rd road that go that way too, but public buses go from several locations and they are a little cramped.

Alternatively get a normal air bus up to Bangkok and change there.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from pattaya to hua hin

If yuo are staying at the Duisits I guess you are not on a budget, just get a car+driver from Pattaya, would take about 4.5 to 5 hours total with a couple of stops.

I would plan to leave around 10-11 am to avoid any traffic cutting through the Bangkok expressaways. Car+Driver would probably be soemthing in the range of about THB 4,000, I would just ask around from the drivers and cars in Pattaya.

if you want a pre-booked luxury car or limo service that too is available, I have some websites for that from pattaya Limo service if you want, though that would be more than a car+driver arrangement.

manchester
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from pattaya to hua hin

if you are staying in the dusit in pattaya use there shuttle service,shuttle bus runs twice a day to the dusit thani in bangkok.then another shuttle bus will take you to dusit hua hin.last may we paid 500 bht each from pattaya to the dusit thani,then i think it was the same price from bangkok to hua hin.pattaya to bangkok 1.5 - 2 hours, bangkok to hua hin 2.5 - 3 hours.

4. Re: Best way to get from pattaya to hua hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 am, September 04, 2009