We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotel in hua hin

bolton
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
best hotel in hua hin

Please can anyone help I am looking for a luxury hotel for a week for my husband and i and out 10 year old son. I was thinking of the Sofitel but I have read some bad reviews. has anyone stayed there or whar about the hyatt?

Thanks.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best hotel in hua hin

I have personaly never heard a bad review about the Sofitel, if you see consistant bad reviews of a place then maybe there is something to it but the Sofitel is an award winning luxury hotel that persoanly I have heard nothing but praise for, and have enjoyed myself going back many years. I would always look between the lines on some reviews.

Anyway, back to your question, I would highly recommend the Hyatt Regency for kids and if traveling with a child/children I would suggest the Hyatt, they have a 'Camp Hyatt' Kids club for kids up to 12, there are good pool areas with a great water slide , lots of space, plus excellent pool areas, lots of grounds and I venture to say is more orientated wo can I say 'well off families'. It is also located close to places to Elephant ride, take a boat trip, fishing, cycling area etc. I doubt you can go wrong with the Hyatt and the price for a twin with brreakfast should be around the USD 110 ( UK pounds I guess about 60 a night ) including tax/service and an excellent breakfast(one of the best). There are of course lots of other good places but I have stayed there a few times and certainly with a child that wants to be occupied whilst you relax around the pool I honestly don't think you can beat it.

bolton
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best hotel in hua hin

Thanks Monica.

We are going over new Year so i think it will be more expensive than ��60.00 but it does not matter.

Is the hyatt near to shops and bars?

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best hotel in hua hin

Hyatt is about 5-6 minutes by tuk tuk from town center of Hua Hin, I would suggest being that distance as opposed to bang in the center which is quite busy. The Marriott is cheaper than the Hyatt, that is a 10 minute stroll or 3 minutes by tuk tuk from the center. On the corner near the Hyatt is a great little local bar with a live band, nice atmosphere. In center of Hua hin several streets with lots of bars. Star Planet is a disco pub with live music/dancers, good fun and cheap but packed solid at weekends.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best hotel in hua hin

Hi

Last year we stayed at the Evason in Hua Hin. It is absolutely beautiful. Have a look at their web site www.six-senses.com. It's ideal for children, complete with kids club which includes sleep overs. The infinity pool is lovely, very big. The restaurants are great, with a good choice. Just outside the hotel, on the beach, there are a few restaurants and a bar. There is a shuttle bus into town. We had a lovely holiday- definately worth looking at.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
bolton
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best hotel in hua hin

Thanks for the info on Evason. how far away is it from the centre\?

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best hotel in hua hin

The Evason is actually near Pranburi, it's not in Hua Hin, it is about 30 minutes from Hua Hin town. If you want somewhere quiet and very remote then fine, but from what you have said I think it would be far too remote for what you want.

Mentioned in this post
Pranburi
Pranburi
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best hotel in hua hin

If you have a look at their web site (www.six-senses.com), the Evason is advertised as being in Hua Hin. The hotel provide a shuttle to the town centre which runs throughout the day and into the evening (until 11.30pm), taxis' are also widely available and cheap. I certainly wouldn't describe it as remote- around 20 minutes to the town centre, depending on traffic.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best hotel in hua hin

Hi

My vote goes to Hilton in Hua Hin...it is probably the best hotel that I have ever stayed at :-) My wife and I stayed there in the end of 2002 when we went to Thailand on vacation. I have posted a trip report with some pictures from the trip on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com. Maybe you can find some useful information there :-) Please get in touch if you have any questions or comments.

Regards

Gard

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
kensington
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: best hotel in hua hin

I wouldsay Annatara, check out their website. I have been there once or twice a year for 7 years now. Child friendly, best bar, best location (near the market/town). Check out their website in Googles........

UK
Level Contributor
275 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best hotel in hua hin

Anantara website is http://www.anantara.com/.