We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin to Khao Lak

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Hua Hin to Khao Lak

Hi I need some suggestions for an overnight stop off between Hua Hin & Khao Lak, any towns which don’t have to be really busy, but have a few tourists . I have looked at possibly Chumphon or Ranong but haven’t ruled out an extra night either H H or K L

Many thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
971 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hua Hin to Khao Lak

It depends if you want beach or town. There's Prachuap Kiri Khan and the beaches to the north and south. I prefer the Klong Wan area. There's also Tung Walen beach just north of Chumphon, but the town is one of my favorites. Then there's Ranong with hotels both in the centre and outskirts. On the outskirts of Ranong is one of the best boutique hotels in Thailand. Then there are places south of Ranong like Kuraburee and places around Khao Sok on the banks of the river. I could spend several nights in all of these before getting to Khao Lak then pass through and spend one night south of Khao Lak before making the now awful journey to the airport.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hua Hin to Khao Lak

Ban Krut south of Prachuap would be my suggestion.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hua Hin to Khao Lak

Ban Krut would be ideal

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hua Hin to Khao Lak

PKK is only an hour plus away from HH. Depends how fast / slow and time you have. Already mentioned, Ban Krut and Thong Wua Laen beaches are definitely winners. Chumphon for town setting, with night markets. Ranong, same but smaller.

Roadside waterfall near Ranong for a pitstop along the way: https://goo.gl/dFkzG9

Edited: 10:41 pm, August 15, 2018
Reply to: Hua Hin to Khao Lak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted